This everything bagel hummus recipe is healthy, inexpensive to make, and has NO tahini! Great as a dip for pita or veggies, or as a flavorful spread for a sandwich, wrap, or toast.
A great way to use canned chickpeas and turn them into a delicious and healthy snack!
This Everything Bagel Hummus Recipe Is
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Made without tahini
Hummus with Canned Beans Versus Homemade
While I love the convenience of canned beans, I usually cook dry beans from scratch in my pressure cooker – the texture is better and it’s more affordable. I use my 8-Quart Instant Pot Ultra, which is larger than the standard model so I can batch cook more at a time.
If you don’t already have one, the Instant Pot works wonders for cooking dried beans fast, no soaking required! While canned beans are super convenient, they are often loaded with sodium. If you buy canned beans, I always recommend using a no salt added variety so you can control the amount of salt in your dish.
Next time you reach for the canned beans, think about investing in a pressure cooker instead! Homemade beans are incredibly cost efficient, and you can add seasonings and spices to the beans while they cook for extra flavor.
30 Minute Side Dishes for Entertaining
This everything bagel hummus recipe is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those last-minute potluck invites, or when you just want a healthy home cooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time.
Just as fast as grabbing a quick prepared side dish from the store (and way more impressive too)! If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for summer entertaining for that next-level gift your host will love!
What’s In This Everything Bagel Hummus Recipe?
I stock up on healthy pantry staples with Thrive Market – they have a fantastic selection of organic pantry items, natural beauty & home products, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can save 30% off your first order, and get a $60 free gift by signing up!
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: I love this stuff, its amazing mixed in the hummus and on top. I like this Everything Bagel Seasoning best because it has double the sesame seeds… yum!
- Olive Oil: for extra creaminess in the dip. I like ZOE brand which has a fantastic flavor and is inexpensive – a great value for the quality.
- Chickpeas: you can use either canned or homemade… this Instant Pot Chickpea recipe is my preferred method for sure! If using canned, make sure to get a no salt added variety.
- Garlic: Because hummus without garlic is a crime! It gives the hummus a bold fresh flavor. I used raw garlic for this recipe, but you can use a jarred garlic to make this pantry-staple friendly. We love Christopher Ranch garlic (fresh or jarred) which has a bright fresh flavor.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: for a little heat. If you don’t like spice you can leave these out. Or if you really like spice, then double the amount of this awesome crushed red pepper.
- Lemon juice, from one lemon. Use fresh if possible!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Snack Recipes!
This vegan everything bagel hummus recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store.
Quick Chickpea Recipes Anytime
This recipe calls for chickpeas aka garbanzo beans. This are one of my favorite beans – packed with plant-based protein, and are high in fiber and nutrients!’d recommend using a no-salt-added variety to keep the overall sodium content down, so you can control how much sodium is in the dish. Canned chickpeas taste great, so if you are using canned chickpeas, just watch the sodium or added salt content.
I make dried beans in my Instant Pot every week, it’s a great way to save on cost. If you’re a bean fan, then I’d recommend an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker as a way to take your recipes to the next level!
How Do I Make Everything Bagel Hummus with No Tahini?
- Add all hummus ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency. Top with extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve with crudité, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
Make Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Hummus Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free everything bagel hummus recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right.
By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
More Heathy Chickpea Recipes We Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for my Everything Bagel Hummus!
As always, if you make this everything bagel hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Everything Bagel Hummus
- Add all of the hummus ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency.
- Top with extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve with crudité, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
Save Money on Groceries & Pantry Staples!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell healthy organic pantry staples, all natural products, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!