A light and satisfying meal, this roasted tomato chickpea soup is loaded with fresh vegetables and ready in 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten free, no dairy! Serve with a side of your favorite bread, top with croutons, or serve over rice. This pantry staple soup is flavorful, healthy, and cost-effective to make.
This Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup Is:
- Loaded with vegetables
- Vegan, dairy free, and vegetarian
- Gluten free
Make Chickpea Tomato Soup Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan chickpea tomato soup is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
This recipe is great to serve for a light lunch or dinner. You can eat it as-is, or serve over rice or pasta of choice. This would be a cozy fall soup recipe to serve with a side of homemade sourdough bread, or crumbly vegan biscuits!
What’s In This Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup?
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: the high protein pantry staple in this soup! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- Roasted Tomatoes: I like this organic canned variety of roasted tomatoes (they have so much flavor!) or you can certainly roast 2 cups of your own.
- Carrots: for sweetness and flavor
- Onion: for a little kick
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Celery: for an earthy crunch
- Herbes de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock or Bouillon: I love this Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base for my recipes because it has a great flavor and is lower in sodium. I only develop my recipes with low sodium ingredients so the ingredients shine. You can always add salt to a recipe if it needs it, but it’s almost impossible to take it out! Start with a low sodium broth or bouillon, and add more salt later if needed.
How Do I Make This Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup?
- In a large soup pot, heat the sunflower oil over low heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and sauté on low for 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic salt, vegetable stock, Herbes de Provence, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Dish up, and add fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!
This recipe is super pantry-staple friendly too… and can be made easily with ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard. It’s also very soft-effective to make… especially if you cook your own chickpeas from scratch.
More Vegan High Protein Soups You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use In My Chickpea Tomato Soup Recipe:
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this roasted tomato chickpea soup recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Roasted Tomato Chickpea Soup
- In a large soup pot,heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and saute on low for 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic salt, vegetable stock, Herbes de Provance, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Dish up, and add fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!