This Vegan Mushroom Wild Rice Soup recipe is a hearty cozy lunch or dinner – and is completely vegan! Loaded with fresh vegetables like potatoes, carrots, onions, and spices, this soup is great for a plant-based meal for any season.
I love a good creamy rice soup – and this recipe is another one to add to my repertoire! And the best part about it? Its totally plant-based and hearty.
With a base of potatoes, wild rice, fresh vegetables, and mushrooms the texture is thick and creamy while being completely vegan.
This Creamy Mushroom Rice Soup Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Great for meal prepping or making ahead
- Vegan, Dairy Free, and SO delicious!
Meal Prep Vegan Soup Recipes For the Win!
This vegan mushroom rice soup recipe is perfect for easy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes.
With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy.
What’s In This Dairy Free Mushroom Rice Soup Recipe?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Mushrooms, Carrots, Onion, Garlic, Celery, Kale
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Herbes de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Wild Rice: I love adding just a bit of wild rice into this soup, to make it extra hearty. This organic wild rice is the perfect addition to this soup.
- Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock or Bouillon: I love this low sodium vegetable base for my recipes because it has a great flavor and is lower in sodium. I only develop my recipes with low sodium ingredients so the ingredients shine. You can always add salt to a recipe if it needs it, but it’s almost impossible to take it out! By starting with a low sodium broth or bouillon, you can build bright vibrant flavors and add more salt later if needed.
More Creamy Vegan Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Vegan Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
As always, if you make this creamy vegan mushroom wild rice soup be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 lbs mushrooms sliced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 potatoes diced
- 6 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup cashew cream 3/4 cups cashews soaked in hot water and blended
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 7-8 minutes until the onions begin to soften. Add the thyme and the mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and vegetable stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the wild rice and stir well. Cook for about 45 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
- Add the parsley, kale, and cashew cream to the pot. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve with a slice of crunch bread and enjoy!
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Cleaning Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market – they sell non-toxic cleaning supplies, natural beauty products, and pantry staple groceries (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!