This mason jar ramen recipe is an easy and satisfying lunch! More flavorful than Instant Ramen, this soup will fill you up with healthy vegetables without the salt. Just add hot water, and you have a delish and filling lunch at home or at the office!
This mason jar ramen is one of my husband’s favorite lunches – and something I feel good making him. We used to eat Instant Ramen on days when we were sick or feeling too lazy to cook dinner. But I would’t go back to the dry packaged stuff after making this healthy and flavorful Low Sodium Ramen Recipe – This soup is awesome!
This Mason Jar Ramen Is:
- Low Sodium (yikes, have you ever checked out the sodium content of the packaged stuff?!)
- Gluten Free (if using rice noodles)
- Versatile – swap out any veggies you have on hand
- EASY to Meal Prep
- EASY to cook… just add hot water and allow to sit for 5 minutes before eating
You won’t miss the salt with the great flavors in this soup! There is bright lime juice, sesame oil, sunflower oil, and spicy sriracha for a kick. And since there is such a wide array of veggies and tofu, it will keep you full!
Whats In This Mason Jar Ramen?
- Tofu: I use extra firm high protein tofu
- Veggies: I like carrots, corn, edamame, green onion, and some fresh herbs in mine… but you can swap anything you have on hand.
- Tamari or Soy Sauce: Use Tamari if you are gluten free
- Sesame Oil: for an awesome toasted flavor
- Lime Juice: Brightens up the flavor and gives some great acidity
I love that there is almost no cooking time in this Low Sodium Ramen Recipe… add all the ingredients, and add hot water to heat. The thin rice noodles cook in the water, and don’t need to be microwaved at all. This is great for the office, as I can use hot water from the coffee machine, and pour it straight in the jar!
Also this is super pantry staple-friendly! Use canned veggies instead of fresh and you have a delish meal you can make any time!
- This soup is naturally vegan, but if you aren’t vegan and want to add some meat instead of the tofu got for it.
- This is gluten free, but if you aren’t avoiding gluten then you can swap whole wheat spaghetti instead of the rice noodles.
This is an awesome recipe to meal prep or make ahead! I like to prep all the ingredients for 5 jars on a Sunday, and then take one from the fridge before I run out the door to work. Doesn’t get much easier (or healthier!) then this.
A Few of my Fav Vegan & Gluten Free Lunch Recipes:
As always, if you make this vegan lemon poppy seed bread be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Mason Jar Ramen Noodle Soup (Vegan, Low Sodium, Gluten-Free)
For Each Quart Soup Jar
- 1/2 cup tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- Few drops sesame oil
- Few drops sunflower or peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha optional, if you like spice!
- 1-2 cups vermicelli rice noodles or cooked GF angel hair pasta
- Hot water about 2 cups
- In each jar layer: tofu on bottom, edamame, corn, carrots, green onions, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sunflower oil. Top with the rice noodles or cooked GF pasta in the jar.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge (I always use wide-mouth quart size mason jars!)
- When ready to serve, add hot water and let noodles soak for 5 minutes before eating.