This Red Lentil Soup with Lemon Is:
- Spicy (but you can dial down the spice if you don’t like heat)
- Gluten Free
- Pantry Staple Friendly! Use what you got on hand 🙂
I love red lentils because of how quick and low maintenence they are to cook. Traditional lentils can require constant stirring and attention, but red lentils disolve and become velvety the longer the cook. They are perfect for soups or stews, and I love the texture and earthy flavor they add.
Whats In this Red Lentil Soup?
- Red Lentils
- Lemon Juice
- Diced Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
How Do I Make This Soup?
What Should I Serve with This Soup?
- Rainbow Quinoa Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
As always, if you make this vegan red lentil detox soup be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Red Lentil Soup with Lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup sweet corn canned or frozen
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 cups Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes for heat
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic, celery, carrots, and onion and sautee on low for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, diced tomatoes, lentils, lemon zest and juice, curry powder and cumin. Stir to combine
- Add the Vegetable Stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a summer. Simmer on low for 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked and dissolve into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and some crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce for a little heat.