Eat the Rainbow with all the colorful vegetables in this rainbow quinoa salad! Packed with red pepper, carrots, fresh spinach, black beans, and corn – this salad is the perfect side dish for a party, BBQ, or dinner. Its perfect to make ahead, meal prep, or batch cook too!
This Rainbow Quinoa Salad was always my favorite dish to bring to a pot luck or a party when I lived in California! Its a great summer salad packed with tons of fresh vegetables and a light citrus-y dressing.
I first made this salad after looking in my fridge and pantry to come up with something for dinner. I always had quinoa, black beans, and roasted red pepper in the cupboard… and was never without spinach or carrots in the fridge 🙂
Even after about 10 years, this is still my favorite quinoa salad to make as a quick lunch or party food! Its perfect to make ahead for a party or BBQ as the flavors only get better with a day or two in the fridge.
If you don’t have any of these exact ingredients, this dish is great for substitutions! Don’t have blackens? Use chickpeas! Don’t have corn? Use peas or edamame instead. The possibilities are endless.
As always, if you make this vegan rainbow quinoa salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 3 cups white quinoa cooked
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 orange peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1 14 ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Open can of black beans and drain over a colander in the sink. Rinse the beans, and add them to the quinoa salad.
- In a pint sized mason jar add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Shake thoroughly, and pour over salad.
- Mix all together and taste and adjust seasonings.