This vegan bircher muesli recipe with rolled oats is a traditional and healthy Swiss breakfast! Made with dairy-free yogurt and almond milk, fresh fruit, and healthy whole grains- easy to make ahead, meal prep, or batch cook ahead of time.
This plant based bircher muesli takes about 5 minutes to prep the night before. A fantastic work or school breakfast that you can take on the go.
When my husband and I were visiting Switzerland, this was one of the best things we ate there (aside from the fondue, and Swiss chocolate, and raclette, of course). We wanted to bring that traditional Bircher muesli recipe back to the States with us.
When we stayed in Basil with our family friend Chris, he kindly introduced us to this fantastic fruity and hearty breakfast. We were hooked! I recreated this traditional bircher muesli with vegan and dairy free ingredients for a tasty plant-based breakfast you can make the night before!
This Dairy Free Bircher Muesli Recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Vegan and Dairy Free
- Easy to Make the Night before, and enjoy oats in the morning!
I make this now as a version of oats. Its great to make a big batch of at the beginning of the week, and enjoy a quick breakfast to-go! Making the bircher muesli ahead of time is a great way to save time in the mornings. This bircher muesli is ready to grab and go!
Meal Prep this Dairy Free Bircher Muesli Recipe
You can easily meal prep this vegan & dairy free bircher muesli recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a quick homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
What’s In Vegan Bircher Muesli?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Old Fashioned Oats: I used old fashioned oats for this recipe. I found old fashioned oats work much better than quick oats, as they hold up really well while being baked.
- Dairy Free Yogurt
- Almond Milk: you can use any variety that you would drink. I prefer almond milk, which Silk has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Dried Cherries: these delicious dried cherries are naturally sweetened with no added sugar! They add a fantastic tang to this recipe, so load these gorgeous dried cherries in this bircher muesli!
- Almonds: these giant bags of almonds are a great value from Amazon – they are raw and unsalted so they are perfect to add to breakfasts, oats, or make your own almond milk!
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
- Brown Sugar: I like to use a dark brown sugar for baking because I find it has a really nice flavor.
- Orange Juice
Vegan No Cook Breakfast Recipes
This no-cook muesli recipe is a quick and simple breakfast. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer mornings when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here!
This vegan muesli comes together quickly, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a nice meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
Inexpensive and Affordable Oat Recipes For Everyone
I love how inexpensive these bircher muesli jars are to make! This recipe uses a lot of ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
Other Simple Vegan Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Dairy Free Bircher Muesli Recipe
As always, if you make this dairy free and vegan bircher muesli be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get free recipe inspiration. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Bircher Muesli
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix to combine.
- Serve and store into individual serving containers (I like mason jars, but you can use any airtight container.)
- Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, and enjoy the next morning for a healthy breakfast on the go!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!