This vegan garden hummus sandwich has fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and spinach right from the garden. Loaded with bright, creamy, herby hummus. Great as a no-cook light lunch for these hot summer days!
This Vegan Garden Hummus Sandwich Is:
- Vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free
- Perfect for summer: no cooking required!
Baking bread is one of my favorite things to do on the weekly. Every weekend I whip up a 4-Ingredient No Knead bread, an Easy Clay Pot Bread, or even a simple basic Sourdough. I decided to get a little fancy and try my hand at focaccia, which turned out absolutely delicious (recipe coming soon!). Simple and herby, this bread bakes right on a sheetpan and is great to use as a sandwich bread, to dip into homemade hummus, or to serve with a side of pasta.
What’s In This Vegan Garden Hummus Sandwich?
- Focaccia Bread: I made simple homemade rosemary focaccia as the base for this sandwich. And let me tell you, there is nothing better than fresh homemade bread!
- Green Garden Hummus: again, a simple herby hummus made from scratch. It’s fantastic as a spread too, so I layered this hummus on both sides of the focaccia.
- Cucumbers: I sliced up a cuc from our garden, since it’s summer and we are getting endless amounts of cucs right now.
- Tomatoes: also from the garden. If tomatoes are out of season when you make this, I’d recommend using a smaller tomato (like sliced cherry or plum tomatoes) as they tend to have more flavor and sweetness than large tomatoes during the winter months.
- Baby Spinach or Kale: as a mild fresh leafy green on this sandwich.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: A favorite in this household! Its a mix of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, granulated onion, and salt & pepper. It gives the sandwich a little kick!
On the focaccia, I spread my suuuper simple Green Garden Hummus. It takes 5 minutes to make, and couldn’t be easier. It gives this vegan garden hummus sandwich a bright and earthy texture. The creaminess works really well with the crunchy vegetables, so I wasn’t shy about piling it on!
How Do I Make This Vegan Garden Hummus Sandwich?
- Slice focaccia in half, spread a tablespoon of hummus on each half of the bread.
- Stack cucumbers, tomatoes, and baby spinach on the bottom half. Add a few shakes of Everything Bagel Seasoning over the top of the sandwich before closing.
- Slice in half, and enjoy!
You can absolutely substitute any bread, or any hummus in this sandwich. I am a big believer of substituting ingredients that you have on hand (rather than going out to buy one little thing) so if you have an open container of hummus, or some french bread in the pantry, by all means use it!
Other Favorite Summer Lunches We Love!
As always, if you make this vegan garden hummus sandwich be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Garden Hummus Sandwich
- 1 slice focaccia bread cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons Green Garden Hummus or hummus of choice
- 8 slices cucumber
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/8 cup fresh baby spinach or baby kale
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Slice focaccia in half, spread a tablespoon of hummus on each side.
- Stack cucumbers, tomatoes, and baby spinach on the bottom half. Add a few shakes of Everything Bagel Seasoning over the top of the Sandwich before closing.
- Slice on half, and enjoy!