These TVP meatballs are ready for spaghetti, a sandwich, or as a party appetizer! Made with TVP, flavorful seasonings, and great spices these meatballs are perfect for meal prep, batch cooking, or to make ahead.
These Meatballs Are:
I have had a lifelong love of spaghetti and meatballs! I have my Italian mother to thank for that one 🙂 To this day there is nothing I love more than a huge messy bowl of pasta swimming in my 5 Ingredient Homemade Tomato Sauce… topped with giant and flavorful TVP meatballs!
These meatballs are a great vegan version of the real deal – all the flavor and spices are there, and the texture is perfect from the TVP.
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping- When I make these I try to make a lot of extras so I can enjoy them throughout the week! For lunch or dinner (or both some days, don’t judge) spaghetti and meatballs are definitely on the menu with this super easy recipe.
Whats In These TVP Meatballs?
- TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- Vegetable stock
- Nutritional Yeast
- Breadcrumbs (use Gluten Free)
I love making homemade tomato sauce, and these are the perfect topping for a giant plate of spaghetti. These would also be excellent in a towering meatball sandwich smothered in homemade marinara… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
What Do I Serve with These Italian Meatballs?
- My Signature 5 Ingredient Marinara
- Cheesy Eggplant Bake (Vegetarian, Keto Gluten Free)
- Slow Cooker Summer Rattatouille
- Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Fresh Mozarella and Lemon
As always, if you make these TVP meatballs be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
The BEST Vegan Italian Meatballs (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Textured Vegetable Protein TVP
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce make sure GF or tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs make sure gluten free
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add the TVP into the pot, stir, and let sit for 10 minutes while the TVP absorbs the broth.
- In a large bowl, add the TVP and the rest of the ingredients. Knead until they form a dough.
- Form the mixture into small 2 inch meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook the meatballs for 20 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet fry the meatballs for 7-8 minutes until they brown and begin to crisp.
- Serve over spaghetti with homemade marinara, on a sub sandwich, or use as a cocktail party appetizer!