I love a good (and fast) easy weeknight meal! Especially one is built from pantry staple ingredients that I always keep on hand. These spicy peanut noodles are a delicious and flavorful dinner, and are great to serve with any protein (especially our sweet crispy chili tofu)!
These Peanut Sesame Noodles Are:
- Packed with flavor!
- Made with good for you ingredients like: rice noodles, mixed veggies, and sriracha
- Naturally vegan & gluten free
- Easy to meal prep for a week’s worth of lunches
- Versatile – easy to swap out ingredients with what you have on hand
Since I’ve had a lot more time at home now, I’ve been having so much fun coming up with yummy recipes like these vegan pantry staple noodles. I stocked up on peanut butter (have been making a ton of these epic 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies) and decided to go a little savory.
These noodles are creamy, spicy, totally delish, and are packed with amazing flavors.
Whats In These Noodles?
- Rice Noodles: I had some thick rice noodles in the pantry I used in this dish, but if you have any kind of rice noodle or gluten free spaghetti that would work! If you aren’t observing gluten-free then use any dang pasta ya want!
- A creamy sauce: made with peanut butter, sesame oil, tamari (or soy sauce if you aren’t gluten free), and sriracha for some spice! If you don’t like spice, then you can skip the sriracha… but we love to load it on!
- Veggies: OK, so this is the versatile ‘not really pantry staple’ part of the dish, which you can totally skip if you don’t have these veggies on hand. You can use frozen pepper strips (I always keep a few bags on hand) or any fresh veggies or herbs you have. Carrots last a long time in the fridge, so I always keep some in the crisper.
- Garnish: Top with lime, cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onion, what ever you have on hand.
How Do I Make These Noodles?
In a large pot, cook rice noodles to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
To the pot, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, sriracha sauce, and lime juice and stir into the vegetables.
A Few Recipe Notes:
- These noodles come together quickly, so prep all the ingredients before you turn on the stove! By prepping ahead of time, its a snap to toss everything together and serve. It’ll save you time in the long run, save you sanity, and allow you to enjoy that glass of wine while you cook. You deserve it!
- This recipe is vegan + gluten free, but if you are swapping ingredients make sure they fit into your dietary standards if you observe a special diet.
What Should I Serve with These Noodles?
As always if you make these pantry peanut noodles be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Spicy Peanut Sesame Noodles (Vegan Pantry Staple Recipe, Gluten Free)
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 14 ounce box rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 stalks celery sliced on the diagonal
- 1 large carrot cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large pot, cook rice noodles to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the sesame oil over low heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot and saute for 10 minutes until vegetables have become slightly soft. To the pot, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, sriracha sauce, and lime juice and stir into the vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice noodles into the vegetables and stir well to combine.
- Top with a garnish of extra cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
This recipe is vegan + gluten free, but if you are swapping ingredients make sure they fit into your dietary standards if you observe a special diet.