This yummy, warm hot chocolate is the perfect drink to have first thing in the morning!
This blends traditional elements of hot chocolate with an added booster from adaptogen mushrooms.
Adaptogen mushrooms are believed to have tons of healthful benefits, including: reducing stress, boosting immunity, and providing natural energy.
These come in a lot of powders (Amazon has lots of blends and varieties to choose from) and can be added to coffees, teas, and smoothies. But I love using cacao because it feels like a treat to me, PLUS has tons of natural antioxidants.
This Morning Cacao isn’t too overpowering on the mushroom flavor – with the cacao, cinnamon, and cayenne in the drink, you can hardly even taste any mushroom. Just a warm and comforting morning boost 🙂
I like the prep the powders in a jar the night before (just makes my morning go a little faster) and blends/heat the Cacao before heading out the door.
Morning Cacao with Adaptogen Mushrooms
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) filtered water
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon Mushroom powder (reishi, chaga, lion’s mane, cordyceps)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- To a blender, add all ingredients and blend on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer to a small pot and heat on low for 10 minutes until gently simmering, whisking every minute or so.
- Pour in favorite mug and enjoy!