This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!Jump to Recipe Print
This irresistible cheesy eggplant bake recipe is one of my favorite keto and low carb vegetarian meals. Packed healthy vegetables: eggplant, spinach, and tomatoes, its great to make ahead or meal prep! Great as a side dish or a vegetarian keto dinner.
This delicious eggplant bake is made by layering roasted eggplant, tomato sauce, cheese, and spices. It’s great to enjoy by itself, or serve alongside a hearty dinner.
This simple and easy eggplant bake recipe is a delicious, flavorful, and comforting side dish. I made it for eggplant and non-eggplant lovers alike, and it won a resounding two thumbs up from everyone!
This low carb vegetarian dinner casserole is a fantastic savory dish that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters around. You won’t miss the meat in this simple vegetable bake with crispy roasted eggplant, tomato sauce, and low carb cheese.
This Low Carb Vegetable Cheese Bake Recipe Is:
- Packed with Veggies
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb, one of my favorite keto vegetarian recipes
Its basically like a hot, cheesy, eggplant lasagna – the layers of soft baked eggplant melt into the bubbly cheese. You can make your own marinara or tomato sauce for this (I always always do!) or use this fantastic low carb tomato sauce if you don’t have homemade.
I love a good high protein lasagna with regular noodles, but when I’m watching my carbs this is one of my go-to recipes to make for dinner. It’s one of those fantastic low carb vegetarian recipes I keep coming back to.
This is a favorite recipe around our homestead – great for dinners, entertaining, holidays, or just a Monday night (perfect for Meatless Mondays)! Its one of my favorite low carb and keto vegetarian recipes to make.
Keto Meal Prep Vegetarian Recipes
You can easily meal prep this keto and low carb vegetable casserole recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
And it comes together in under an hour, so its great for a quick weeknight meal. I made this for my dad when he came to visit, and as a 100% meat-and-potatoes kind of guy, he LOVED it. He raved about it so much we ended up making it twice that visit 🙂
What’s In This Vegetarian Low Carb Casserole Recipe?
- Low Carb Tomato Sauce: I like to make my own tomato sauce most of the time, but this fantastic low carb tomato sauce has a fraction of the sugar that normal jarred sauces do!
- Eggplant: thinly sliced
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
More Healthy Low Carb Vegetarian Meals You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in My Low Carb Vegetarian Eggplant Bake Recipe:
As always, if you make this keto eggplant casserole be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Low Carb Eggplant Bake (Vegetarian)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, and place on baking sheet. Pour the 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper over the eggplant, and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes until eggplant is soft, flipping halfway through.
- In a 9x9 glass baking dish, layer the tomato sauce, eggplant, fresh mozzarella cheese, and spinach into 2 or 3 layers. Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese becomes bubbly.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!