Creamy, smoky Instant Pot baba ganoush is the perfect Mediterranean dip! Made with eggplant, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice this dip packs a ton of flavor while still being light. Perfect for batch cooking, meal prep, or making ahead.
I love the rich and smoky flavor of baba ganoush! It was actually the very first thing I made in my Instant Pot. Its great as a dip for pita or veggies, and is amazing on falafel or Homemade Vegan Tofu Shwarma Pitas! 🙂
This recipe pressure cooks the eggplant right in the Instant Pot with some water, then blends together the rest of the ingredients into a smooth and creamy dip.
The flavors on this are insane – the creamy eggplant and olive oil provide a nice base for a dip, the raw garlic gives a spicy flavor, and the tahini and lemon juice provide a nice acidity. This Baba Ganoush is ready in about 30 minutes, but can be easily made ahead for a party!
As always, if you make this instant pot baba ganoush be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Baba Ganoush (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add the eggplants and water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Set to ‘Pressure Cook’ for 20 minutes, and start the timer.
- After the 20 minutes, do a Quick Release on the Instant Pot, and remove the eggplant carefully and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the skin from the eggplant, and add the inside flesh to a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, liquid smoke, and olive oil. Pulse/blend until a smooth consistency. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve on a salad, pita, or as a dip!