These Vegan Huevos Rancheros Are
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and High Protein
A Hearty Vegan Pantry Breakfast
This tofu huevos rancheros recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses many ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – some of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In Vegan Huevos Rancheros with Tofu?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Tofu – I love these shelf-stable tofu packs. I always keep a few cases of them on hand. They are an inexpensive and healthy way to get some plant protein in.
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder: for a really nice flavor in this dip – the chili powder isn’t spicy but will give you a rich and bright flavor.
- Turmeric – a staple in our spice cabinet! Aside from all the wonderful health benefits of turmeric (hello anti-inflammation!), the flavor is fantastic. I try to add a teaspoon of turmeric into soups, stews, and rice dishes too.
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my chili, tacos, or fajitas! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the roasted vegetables.
- Cumin: also adds a really nice flavor to this recipe – cumin has a lightly smokey flavor found in a lot of chili recipes.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Spicy Black Beans – I made my recipe for Instant Pot Spicy Black beans here, or you can use a ‘Black Bean Soup’ mix and drain the liquid – I’ve found that makes a nice substitute and has a lot of good flavor in the beans.
- Tomatillo Salsa or Salsa Verde: we used a homemade tomatillo salsa for this breakfast sandwich, but this great tomatillo salsa you can get online here is the perfect addition too!
Easy Vegan Brunch Recipes in 30 Minutes
This vegan tofu huevos rancheros recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
How Do I Make Huevos Rancheros Vegan?
- In a skillet, crumble the tofu into small pieces. Add the olive oil, chili powder, turmeric, oregano, cumin and the onion. Cook over low heat. Sauté for 5 or 6 minutes until the onion begins to soften and the tofu is well coated in the spices.
- Warm the tortillas, and add the roasted red pepper.
- Add a scoop of the tofu mixture to each one, then a scoop of the spicy black beans. Top with salsa, cilantro, and jalapenos. Enjoy with some extra salsa and vegan sour cream.
What to Serve with Huevos Rancheros
Get Ingredients For My Plant Based Huevos Rancheros
As always, if you make this easy tofu huevos rancheros recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Huevos Rancheros with Tofu
- 1 12-ounce tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup spicy black beans
- Tortillas use corn or casava tortillas for gluten free version
- Salsa verde
- Cilantro to garnish
- Jalapenos to garnish
- In a skillet, crumble the tofu into small pieces. Add the olive oil, chili powder, turmeric, oregano, cumin and the onion. Cook over low heat. Saute for 5 or 6 minutes until the onion begins to soften and the tofu is well coated in the spices.
- Warm the tortillas, and add the roasted red pepper.
- Add a scoop of the tofu mixture to each one, then a scoop of the spicy black beans. Top with salsa verde, cilantro, and jalapenos. Enjoy with some extra salsa and vegan sour cream.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
A nice change from my usual American fare and very delicious
Pingback:Vegan Eggs Benedict on a Cornbread Waffle Recipe
Pingback:Spicy Pickled Carrots Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
Pingback:Cinco De Mayo Meal Plan Recipes! Weekly Vegan Meal Plan, Week 18