This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri sauce is loaded with flavor from fresh herbs, spices, lime juice, and garlic. Great on tacos, burritos, or rice & beans! The possibilities are endless with this bright, refreshing, and low sodium sauce. This sauce is vegan, gluten free, salt free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
Kick you next Taco Tuesday up a notch with this fantastic cilantro lime chimichurri sauce! If you are looking for an easy way to add some flavor to those boring tacos or burritos, look no further. This sauce packs some serious flavor, that will leave you wanting to fiesta forever.
This Whole30 Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Sauce Recipe Is:
- A little spicy
- Vegan, Gluten free, Low Sodium, Whole30, and paleo friendly!
- Great on anything: rice & beans, enchiladas, tamales, queso, you name it!
And I love how vibrant the sauce is – in color and in flavor! The sharpness from the lime juice and vinegar is wonderful with the silky texture from the olive oil. And the flavors of the parsley and cilantro can wake up any dull food that needs a bit of extra flavor.
Recipes with Cilantro Stems for a No-Waste Kitchen!
I’m all about saving, reusing, or repurposing as much as I can in my kitchen. This chimichurri saucec is the perfect recipe to repurpose something you may be tempted to throw out. Instead of tossing cilantro stems in the compost or garbage, you can repurpose them into a delicious and flavorful sauce. I’m all about saving anything I can from my kitchen, and this sauce is a great way to avoid letting leftovers go to waste!
What’s In This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Recipe?
- Fresh Cilantro: for an amazingly bright flavor and texture. I use both cilantro stems and the leaves in this recipe… it all goes in the food processor or blender, so save cilantro stems and don’t throw them away!
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed if you have it, or really great lime packets if you don’t have fresh. These real lime packets are actually a great pantry staple to use in a pinch – great for sauces and dressings, and also for a quick cocktail that needs lime juice!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- White Vinegar: for a little extra kick – you can also substitute in apple cider vinegar if you wanted a few extra health benefits.
- Oregano: for an earthy flavor, this dried oregano gives the perfect flavor to this chimichurri sauce!
- Red Chili Flakes: for heat and a littl extra kick! Definitly optional if you want to omit these pepper flakes in for a milder sauce.
Because of the versatile flavors, you can serve this sauce on anything! The cilantro lime flavor pairs well with anymost any Soutwest or Mexican dish! It’s also amazing on top of roasted potatoes, on grilled vegetables, or baked/roasted protein.
How Do I Make This Lime and Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce?
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix on high for 1 minute, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Spoon directly onto tacos, potatoes, roasted vegetables, or any other vehicle you can think of to get this amazing chimichurri into your mouth.
Transfer any leftover chimichurri to an airtight container and use within 2 days.
Other Healthy Flavorful Cilantro Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Whole 30 Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Sauce!
As always, if you make this cilantro lime chimichurri sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 bunches cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water optional if sauce is too thick
- Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic cloves, and parsley. Add to a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients: Olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute until a thick sauce forms. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if the sauce is too thick or if the blender seizes up.
- Once blended, top sauce on tacos, burritos, rice, etc.