This turmeric tofu salad sandwich is a healthy protein packed vegan egg salad – made with healthy spices, homemade bread, and veggies! A great meal prep lunch to enjoy for many meals throughout the week.
I’ve been baking bread like crazy this year, so I always have some extra sourdough bread around for sandwiches! This turmeric tofu salad sandwich tastes just like egg salad, but is plant-based. This pantry staple sandwich is made totally from pantry ingredients and tasted amazing when loaded with fresh lettuce or sprouts.
This Turmeric Tofu Egg Salad Sandwich Is:
- Just like egg salad!
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
- Made completely with pantry staple ingredients, and any fresh toppings you want to add!
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
Easy Weeknight Tofu Salad Sandwiches
This turmeric tofu salad recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days or nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s in This Tofu and Turmeric Salad Recipe?
- Tofu – I have been LOVING these shelf-stable tofu packs from Amazon. I literally have 3 cases of them in my pantry as we speak. They are an inexpensive and healthy way to get some plant protein in. The texture of this extra firm tofu is perfect for this turmeric tofu salad, no pressing required!
- Turmeric – a staple in our spice cabinet! Aside from all the wonderful health benefits of turmeric, the flavor is fantastic. I try to add a teaspoon of turmeric into soups, stews, and rice dishes too.
- Roasted Red Pepper – we’ve been using jarred roasted red peppers, to keep up with the pantry staple theme. These flavorful peppers are great to chop and add to salads, sandwiches, or wraps.
- Mayo – I used this plant-based vegan version.
- Sweet Relish– adding just a little sweet relish gives this salad a bright, fresh flavor. The hint of sweet relish pairs nicely with the turmeric.
- Yellow Mustard – I used a normal prepared yellow mustard for this recipe, but you can use a dijon or whole grain mustard too, if you prefer.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Silken Tofu Recipes
This turmeric tofu salad recipe uses shelf-stable tofu, which is a fantastic pantry-staple ingredient! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make This Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich?
Meal Prep Tofu Salad, the Perfect Vegan Lunch!
You can easily meal prep this turmeric tofu salad recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set.
I served my tofu salad sandwich on homemade sourdough bread. For a lighter version, you can add a scoop to the top of a salad, or enjoy in lettuce cups. This meal is fairly low calorie and has enough protein to keep you full until lunch! I am a huge fan of high-protein plant based recipes, and this is one of our favorites. You can also use any kind of tofu you have on hand. I like the extra firm silken tofu, but if you have a different variety it will work just as well.
Other Healthy Vegan Meal Prep Lunch Recipes You’ll Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used for My Turmeric Tofu Salad Sandwich!
As always if you make this vegan turmeric tofu salad sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s stay in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Turmeric Tofu Salad Sandwich (Vegan, GF)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Makes enough for 4 sandwiches. Spread on thick slices of homemade sourdough bread, pile on the sprouts, and enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!