This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
HELLO homemade pizza sauce! This sauce is so crazy delicious I won’t ever be buying store bought again. I’m a convert, and this sauce is taking our homemade pizza night to a new level. We just got a new grill, and let me tell you – grilled pizza is absolutely amazing! Especially when you make this fresh and delicious sauce from scratch.
This Homemade Pizza Sauce is:
- Packed with tomato flavor: the tomato paste is really the secret to having bright incredible flavors in your pizza sauce.
- Herby: delicious oregano, basil, and rosemary come together for bold italian flavors in your sauce
- Garlicky: add raw garlic ,minced or pressed
- Made with good for you ingredients: tomato paste, olive oil, herbs, garlic!
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients: that you probably already have in your cupboards.
We would occasionally make pizza from scratch for dinner, but now that I made a sourdough starter we have amazing pizza crust ready all the time! You can make your own pizza crust, or use store bought. We actually use garlic Naan as the crust sometimes, and load the toppings on!
This sauce is really thick- it uses less water than other recipes. Its still deliciously spreadable on the pizza dough, but has a ton of flavor from the concentrated tomatoes.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Pizza Sauce Recipes
This pizza sauce with tomato paste recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
Whats In This Tomato Paste Pizza Sauce?
- Tomato Paste: thickens the sauce with a deep bold tomato flavor. I only use a no salt added tomato paste, so you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my tomato sauces! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with any toppings you load on.
- Dried Rosemary: Which I find has a more subtle flavor than the fresh rosemary. I crushed mine in a mortar and pestle, but you can use the larger dried leaves of rosemary if you’d like.
- Sweetener of Choice (optional! but I use this Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry)
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
A No-Cook Pizza Sauce Recipe That’s Perfect for Summer
This no-cook pizza sauce is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This sauce comes together in about 5 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
How Do I Make This Pizza Sauce?
This is the best part: No cooking required!
What Should I Serve with Homemade Pizza?
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Tomato Paste Pizza Sauce Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free pizza sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Tomato Paste Pizza Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together well to combine. Allow the pizza sauce to sit for at least 2 hours on the counter before using, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Spread on pizza crust, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!