This Homemade Pizza Sauce is:
- Packed with tomato flavor: the tomato paste is really the secret to having bright incredible flavors in your pizza sauce.
- Herby: delicious oregano, basil, and rosemary come together for bold italian flavors in your sauce
- Garlicky: add raw garlic ,minced or pressed
- Made with good for you ingredients: tomato paste, olive oil, herbs, garlic!
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients: that you probably already have in your cupboards.
We would occasionally make pizza from scratch for dinner, but now that I made a sourdough starter we have amazing pizza crust ready all the time! You can make your own pizza crust, or use store bought. We actually use garlic Naan as the crust sometimes, and load the toppings on!
This sauce is really thick- it uses less water than other recipes. Its still deliciously spreadable on the pizza dough, but has a ton of flavor from the concentrated tomatoes.
Whats In This Tomato Paste Pizza Sauce?
- Tomato Paste: use any kind ya got! I used Cento brand because #yum.
- Olive Oil
- Sweetener of Choice (optional!)
- Red chili flakes for heat, salt and pepper to taste (optional!)
How Do I Make This Pizza Sauce?
This is the best part: No cooking required!
What Should I Serve with Homemade Pizza?
As always, if you make this tomato paste pizza sauce be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Easy Tomato Paste Pizza Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together well to combine. Allow the pizza sauce to sit for at least 2 hours on the counter before using, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Spread on pizza crust, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!