Toss inThis creamy tofu noodle soup recipe is healthy and high protein, and a perfect vegan comfort food recipe for fall or winter! The perfect light lunch or dinner recipe, great to meal prep, and serve with a slice of thick crusty bread and a salad.
This Creamy Tofu Noodle Soup Recipe Is:
- High Protein
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Ready in about 30 minutes!
Meal Prep Vegan Soup Recipes for the WIN!
You can easily meal prep this creamy tofu noodle soup by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
What’s In This Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe?
- Pasta of choice: I used a veggie rotini for a fun twist, but you can use any pasta of your choice. And make sure to use a gluten free variety if you don’t eat wheat.
- Olive Oil: Gives the soup a rich and velvety flavor. I like ZOE olive oil which has a great flavor and good quality for the price.
- Tofu: I am obsessed with this shelf-stable tofu, which you can keep in your pantry for over a year. It’s a great pantry protein that you can throw in any dish. I smoked this tofu in our electric smoker and tossed it in the soup – but you can dice it up and add it to the soup without smoking it first.
- Vegetable Stock: I try to use homemade stock when I have it, but it not I use Better than Bouillon’s Vegetable Base because it’s reduced sodium and not too salty!
- Garlic Salt
- Coconut Milk: You can use a classic unsweetened canned coconut milk, or this awesome coconut milk powder which I just discovered this year (thanks to COVID quarantine, ha!)
- Fresh Parsley: for added flavor, it really brightens this soup!
Cooking Pasta For Soups
For most of my noodle soup recipes, I cook the pasta separately from the soup broth. If you add dried pasta directly to a hot soup, you run the risk of having the dried pasta soak up all the broth and overcook the noodles (turning it soup into a mushy mess). I’ve found that cooking the pasta separately, then serving the broth over the noodles in a bowl works best. I allow the soup to cool, then add the cooked pasta after. That way you’ll have perfectly cooked pasta that holds it shape and a delicious brothy soup.
How Do I Make This Creamy Tofu Noodle Soup Recipe?
Other Healthy Vegan Meal Prep Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
& read through myTop 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used for My Creamy Vegan Tofu Soup Recipe:
As always, if you make this Creamy Vegan Tofu Noodle Soup be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Creamy Tofu Noodle Soup (Vegan, GF)
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 12 ounce package smoked tofu, cubed into bitesized pieces
- 8 cups vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside for later.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 or 6 minutes until the veggies become translucent.
- Add the carrots and garlic and saute for 3 minutes more. Add the tofu, vegetable stock, thyme, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 25 minutes until veggies are fully cooked.