This thick and creamy tahini alfredo sauce is a delicious pantry-staple twist on an Italian classic! Its great over pasta, as a dressing over falafel, or served with garlic pita bread. A great vegan, gluten free, and nut free sauce that is ready in under 30 minutes!
This Tahini Alfredo Pasta Sauce Recipe Is:
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Easy to double if you are cooking for a crowd!
This is sort of an Italian/Mediterranean hybrid sauce, which takes the best parts of Italian cooking (olive oil, garlic) and blends them with bright Mediterranean flavors (tahini, lemon). The result is a melt-in-your-mouth creamy sauce with a wonderful balance of salty/fatty/acidic flavor.
Tahini, or a paste made from sesame seeds, is something we always keep in our pantry. Its one of the staple ingredients in hummus, so I always keep a jar on hand when I am craving a quick Instant Pot hummus! You can normally find tahini in the Mediterranean section of your grocery store and Trader Joes has a really great inexpensive variety that we use.
Whats In this Tahini Alfredo?
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Tahini: A fantastic and flavorful spread made from ground sesame seeds. This tahini is fantastic in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes, we asbolutely love this tahini!
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Almond Milk: you can use any variety that you would drink, just make sure it’s plain and unsweetened. I prefer this almond milk, which has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
One of the BEST Creamy Pantry Pasta Recipes
This XXX recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably have a lot of these ingredients on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
You can use this alfredo sauce as the base to build an epic pasta ight! I love it with fresh spring veggies: asparagus, peas, and mushrooms (yum), or it would be delish with pasta, artichokes, and falafels too. If there ever was a “healthy” version of alfredo – this is it! No cream, no butter, no cheese… only plant-powered goodness!
How Do I Make Alfredo Sauce with Tahini?
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on low heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat until garlic begins to brown.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, and almond milk and stir into a thin sauce.
- Continue to stir over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta, with falafel, or drizzle over a pita.
What Do I Serve with Tahini Alfredo?
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Tahini Alfredo Sauce Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free tahini alfredo sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Creamy Tahini Alfredo Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Pantry Staple Recipe)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat until garlic begins to brown. Add the tahini, lemon juice, and almond milk and stir into a thin sauce. Continue to stir over low heat until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta, with falafel, or drizzle over a pita.