This thick and creamy tahini alfredo sauce recipe is a delicious twist on a classic sauce! Its great over pasta, as a dressing over falafel, or served with garlic pita bread.
A great vegan, gluten free, and nut free sauce that is ready in under 30 minutes!
This Tahini Alfredo Pasta Sauce Recipe Is:
- Dairy Free
- Easy to double if you are cooking for a crowd!
This is sort of an Italian/Mediterranean hybrid sauce, which takes the best parts of Italian cooking (olive oil, garlic) and blends them with bright Mediterranean flavors (tahini, lemon). The result is a melt-in-your-mouth creamy sauce with a wonderful balance of salty/fatty/acidic flavor.
Tahini, or a paste made from sesame seeds, is something we always keep in our pantry. Its one of the staple ingredients in hummus, so I always keep a jar on hand when I am craving a quick Instant Pot hummus! You can normally find tahini in the Mediterranean section of your grocery store and Trader Joes has a really great inexpensive variety that we use.
Whats In this Tahini Alfredo?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s inexpensive online, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Lemon Juice
- Tahini: A fantastic and flavorful spread made from ground sesame seeds. This tahini is fantastic in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes, we absolutely love this tahini!
- Almond Milk: you can use any variety that you would drink, just make sure it’s plain and unsweetened. I prefer this almond milk, which has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Salt & Pepper
One of the BEST Creamy Pantry Pasta Recipes
This tahini pasta sauce recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably have a lot of these ingredients on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
You can use this alfredo sauce as the base to build an epic pasta ight! I love it with fresh spring veggies: asparagus, peas, and mushrooms (yum), or it would be delish with pasta, artichokes, and falafels too. No cream, no butter, no cheese… only plant-powered goodness!
How Do I Make Alfredo Sauce with Tahini?
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on low heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat until garlic begins to brown.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, and almond milk and stir into a thin sauce.
- Continue to stir over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta, with falafel, or drizzle over a pita.
What Do I Serve with Tahini Alfredo?
Share This Tahini Alfredo Sauce Recipe!
If you make this easy tahini sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Creamy Tahini Alfredo Sauce
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes on low heat until garlic begins to brown. Add the tahini, lemon juice, and almond milk and stir into a thin sauce. Continue to stir over low heat until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta, with falafel, or drizzle over a pita.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!