This creamy potato coconut milk soup is thick, rich, and flavorful! A hearty satisfying soup that is also vegan and gluten free. Cozy comfort food at it’s finest! Serve with a thick slice of sourdough, homemade biscuits, or top with herby croutons.
One Pot Potato Soup Recipes For the Win!
This XXX is the perfect one-pot lunch or dinner! I love a good One Pot Meal, especially during these fall months when the weather starts to turn cooler. Cooking everything in one pot is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked at once, which makes cleaning up a breeze. And the stove does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. One Pot meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy one pot meals that are ready in no time!
This Vegan Dairy Free Potato Coconut Milk Soup Is:
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
- THE perfect fall comfort food soup recipe!
What’s In This Potato Coconut Milk Soup?
- Potatoes: I used yellow potatoes for this, but really any variety you prefer would be delish! Russet’s can tend to get a little mushy in soups (not bad if you like a creamier consistency!), but a yellow or red variety will hold it shape and stay firm throughout cooking. Up to you!
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, which I’d definitely recommend over lite coconut milk. The flavor makes this dish super rich and creamy without any dairy.
- Carrots: for a little sweetness and bright color
- Celery: Because every soup really benefits from the fresh earthy flavor of celery.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Onion: as with celery, a soup staple ingredient! You get a lot of flavor from an onion, so add one in.
- Mushrooms: help to give the stew its dark color. If you don’t have fresh mushrooms, these dried mushrooms are actually amazing to toss into the soup. I always keep some dried mushrooms on hand in my pantry for stews like this.
- Herbes de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Butter: use plant-based or vegan version if you are dairy free… there are tons of great plant butters around. Or substitute olive oil, that works well too.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
How Do I Make This Potato Coconut Milk Soup?
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Add the onion and saute for 6 to 7 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the celery, carrot, mushrooms, potatoes, Herbes de Provance, and Vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender. Remove the pot from heat, and stir in the can of coconut milk.
- Taste and add salt and fresh ground pepper if desired. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme or Herbes de Provance for garnish.
Other Fantastic Healthy Fall Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Creamy Vegan Potato Soup Recipe:
As always, if you make this creamy vegan coconut potato soup recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Creamy Potato Coconut Milk Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoons butter use plant-based for vegan version
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 1 13 ounce can coconut milk, full fat
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Add the onion and saute for 6 to 7 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the celery, carrot, mushrooms, potatoes, Herbes de Provance, and Vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender. Remove the pot from heat, and stir in the can of coconut milk.
- Taste and add salt and fresh ground pepper if desired. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme for garnish.