This vegan almond milk alfredo is gluten free, dairy free, and so irresistably creamy! Low calorie and made from roasted vegetables and spices. You won’t belive this recipe is dairy free… its that good!
This Dairy Free Almond Milk Alfredo Sauce Recipe Is:
- Loaded with vegetables
- Actually healthy & low calorie
- Vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, gluten free!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Dinner Recipes
This alfredo sauce with almond milk recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Almond Milk Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe?
- Almond Milk: I prefer almond milk, which Silk has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry! It’s great to add to quick sauces (like this alfredo!), smoothies, oat meal, and soups.
- Fettuccine noodles: these gluten free fettuccine noodles are perfect for this creamy vegan fettuccine alfredo! Or if you want to use a different shape of pasta, you can browse through these Gluten Free Pasta Choices for some fun varieties!
- Zucchini: This is the magic in this sauce! Fresh zucchini are roasted and blended into a thick and creamy sauce. I actually used zucchini right from the garden for this. But you can also use yellow squash if you have it on hand.
- Onion: Roasted for a ton of bright bold flavors in the sauce
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Ground Mustard: for a great burst of savory flavor in the sauce, a little bit of ground mustard goes a long way! I keep this mustard powder in my pantry at all times!
- Nutritional Yeast: a heap of this gets blended in the sauce, gives a great nutty and cheesy flavor to the alfredo. I am obsessed with Anthony’s Nutritional Yeast, its the best.
- Fresh Parsley: not only to garnish, but to give this alfredo a burst of fresh herbs. I love adding parsley to almost any dish, and just the hint of fresh parsley here makes this dish sing.
How Do I Make This Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce Recipe?
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return the noodles to the pot. Set pot aside for later.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large sheet pan, add the zucchini, onion, and garlic. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables, add the ground mustard powder, and toss to combine so all the veggies are coated.
Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
Scoop the roasted veggies into a blender. Add the nutritional yeast and plant-based milk and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. The sauce should be thick and creamy. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles, and stir well to combine. Hear on low for a few minutes to warm up the noodles. Add fresh chopped parsley for garnish, and enjoy!
- This sauce is naturally vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free!
- This recipe is gluten free, but if you aren’t gluten sensitive you can use regular fettuccine noodles in this dish and not GF.
- This is a low calorie recipe – it calls for a little olive oil to roast the vegetables, but you can use a cooking spray to make this even more low calorie. Or zucchini noodles for a double dose of squash!
Other Healthy Vegan Pasta Dishes We Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Almond Milk Alfredo Sauce Recipe:
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Almond Milk Alfredo Sauce (NO Cashews, Gluten Free)
- 1 lb Fettuccine noodles gluten free
- 3 lb zucchini peeled and roughly diced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return the noodles to the pot. Set pot aside for later.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large sheet pan, add the zucchini, onion, and garlic. Pour the olive oil over the vegetables, add the ground mustard powder, and toss to combine so all the veggies are coated.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Scoop the roasted veggies into a blender. Add the nutritional yeast and almond milk and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. The sauce should be thick and creamy. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles, and stir well to combine. Heat on low for a few minutes to warm up the noodles. Add fresh chopped parsley for garnish, and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!