This turkey tetrazzini recipe is the best Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe! It’s easy, gluten free, high protein comfort food. Shred leftover turkey breast, fold into a creamy sauce, and toss with fresh sautéed vegetables and egg noodles. A simple comforting fall meal with leftover turkey you’ll want to enjoy again & again!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Leftover turkey tetrazzini is one of our favorite ways to use extra Thanksgiving turkey. Since having leftovers are arguably the best part of cooking a big Thanksgiving meal, its crucial to have some great recipes on hand to transform that turkey into something fantastic! This leftover thanksgiving casserole uses turkey with fresh vegetables and egg noodles in a creamy sauce, ready in under an hour.
I always loved turkey tetrazzini when I was little, and this grown up version is super hearty and packed with veggies too. I love loading in the fresh veggies too – the sautéed onions, mushrooms, and fresh parsley absolutely make this dish. It can also be made ahead too – just combine all the ingredients in a pan, and omit the baking step. Cover and refrigerate the night before, and pop it in the oven the next day. Thanksgiving comfort food at its best.
This Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe Is:
- A great no-waste recipe!
- Gluten Free
- Easy to Make with Thanksgiving Left Over Turkey
Easy Tetrazzini with Cooked Turkey
This leftover turkey tetrazzini recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s In This Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe?
- Onions, Garlic, Spinach, Parsley – I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Italian Seasoning Blend: usually has thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, etc. I love this bright and flavorful Italian season mix which brings this amazing dish to life.
- No Salt Vegetable Stock or Bouillon: I love this no salt vegetable base for my recipes because it has a great flavor and is lower in sodium. I only develop my recipes with low sodium ingredients so the ingredients shine. You can always add salt to a recipe if it needs it, but it’s almost impossible to take it out! By starting with a low sodium broth or bouillon, you can build bright vibrant flavors and add more salt later if needed.
- Gluten Free Egg Noodles – These wide egg noodles are gluten free and SO good! They’re the perfect addition to this tetrazzini.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs for the topping: use this gluten-free if you avoid wheat… they have that amazing classic panko crunch, it’s unreal!
Turkey Noodle Recipes for Thanksgiving or Holiday Leftovers
This turkey noodle tetrazzini is a fantastic recipe to use up those leftovers from the holidays. Add a few simple refrigerator ingredients to your turkey leftovers to give it a second life. I always have a plan for how to use leftovers so we don’t throw anything away. Making a big bowl of turkey salad is a great way to use up any extra leftovers, and have healthy prepared meals for the week. You can check out all my holiday recipes on The Herbeevore here, and make sure to save those leftovers!
Make Turkey Tetrazzini Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free turkey tetrazzini recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
More Easy Turkey Leftover Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for Turkey Tetrazzini with Thanksgiving Leftovers
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this gluten free turkey tetrazzini recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 12 ounce package egg noodles use gluten free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms rinsed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning thyme, oregano, garlic, parsley
- 3 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups baby spinach packed
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs Gluten Free
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Ferenheit.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil and cook the egg noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot (I used the same pot), heat the olive oil on low until shimmering. Add the onions and garlic, and sauce for 5 minutes until soft. Add the celery and mushrooms and sauce for another 8 minutes on low heat. Add the frozen peas, spinach, Italian seasoning and stir. Turn off heat.
- In a sauce pan, heat the vegetable stock and milk on low heat, until just simmering. Add the cream cheese and stir until all ingredients have melted together.
- To the pot with the veggies- add the egg noodles, cream cheese/milk mixture, and the chopped turkey. Add the parsley, black pepper, 1.5 cups of mozzarella, and stir to combine. Add ingredients to a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with remaining half cup of mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Cook covered for 20 minutes. Remove cover, and cook for an additional 15 minutes until top begins to brown and the casserole is bubbly.
Save Money on Fresh Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!