This pasta bean salad recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables, healthy beans, and dressed in a sweet and tangy dressing! It’s a great vegetarian and high protein side dish for your next summer BBQ, party, or potluck.
This recipe is the perfect combination of creamy macaroni salad and three bean salad for a bright and tangy side dish you’ll love. Serve alongside my creamy Greek Yogurt coleslaw, baked beans, and corn on the cob!
I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy fun summer side dishes with healthy plant based ingredients. This three bean pasta salad is a combination of two of my favorite summer salads: creamy macaroni salad and tangy three bean salad. Put them together… and you have a fun and fresh side dish recipe that’s both healthy and satisfying.
The creamy dressing gets a kick from apple cider vinegar, and the salad is loaded with crisp and crunchy veggies. This 3 bean macaroni salad is a fun twist on two classic dishes.
This Pasta Bean Salad Recipe Is:
- A Crowd Pleaser
- Vegan, Vegetarian and High Protein
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Bean Recipes
This three bean macaroni salad recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Plant Based Macaroni Bean Salad Recipe?
- Green Beans, Onion, Parsley, Celery – I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Macaroni Noodles: to make this gluten free, these awesome GF macaroni pasta noodles work perfect in this recipe. If you aren’t gluten free, then you can use normal macaroni, whole wheat, or a veggie pasta.
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- No Salt Added Kidney Beans: These boxed kidney beans are a really fantastic alternative to canned beans. I only use no salt or low sodium beans which gives this dish a really great flavor without the salt.
- Mayonnaise: you can use regular mayo, or substitute a vegan version like this one here. I found both options taste pretty good, so if I am making this recipe for a crowd I use a vegan mayo so everyone can enjoy!
- Sweet Relish: which gives this dish a little extra flavor boost and a nice added sweetness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder pairs nicely with the flavors in the salad.
- White Pepper: I’d recommend white pepper over normal ground pepper – it gives the dish a much lighter flavor and a nice kick. I bought Amazon’s brand of white pepper for a few bucks and have been loving it!
30 Minute Pasta Salads for Entertaining
This bean salad with macaroni is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those last-minute potluck invites, or when you just want a healthy home-cooked side but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Just as fast as grabbing a quick prepared side dish from the store (and way more impressive too)! If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for summer entertaining for that next-level gift your host will love!
Other Easy Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan Macaroni Bean Salad Recipe:
As always, if you make this creamy pasta bean salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Pasta Bean Salad
- 16 ounces macaroni use gluten free version if GF
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can No-Salt-Added Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can green beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 sweet onion finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/2 bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayo substitute vegan version if needed
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste (I put in a couple of shakes)
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and put them in a very large mixing bowl.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans, chickpeas, and green beans. Add them to the macaroni
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and stir to combine. Add the mayonnaise, relish, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, seasoning salt, white pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes. Stir all ingredients together, and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Cover bowl, and refrigerate 4 hours before serving, or preferably overnight.
- Store in an airtight container. Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days.
Save Money on Grocery Delivery!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!