This ranch egg salad sandwich recipe is a vegetarian high protein lunch recipe with a herby twist on classic egg salad – no mayo! A meatless high protein sandwich that is creamy, delicious, and perfect anytime. A true ranch dressing lover’s lunch.
This Egg Salad with Ranch Dressing Recipe Is:
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Vegetarian, and can be made gluten free with gluten free bread.
Make Ranch Egg Salad Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free egg salad with ranch dressing recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
What’s In This Egg Salad Sandwich with Ranch Dressing?
- Hard boiled eggs – I use my perfect method for hard-boiling eggs… works like a charm every time – no chipped shells or hard-to-peel eggs.
- Ranch Dressing – I love this ranch dressing because it’s gluten free, dairy free, keto and paleo approved!
- Sweet Relish – to give this dish a little extra sweetness. I love this classic sweet relish which has a nice crunch and a sweet and tangy flavor. It’s great in this salad (like a secret ingredient!) and also great to have on the table for burgers or hot dogs.
- Whole Grain or Dijon Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, you can use either whole grain mustard, stone ground, or dijon.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is great to add a little onion flavor to this dish… without actual onion. Avoid onion breath and use powder onion instead of fresh for this recipe.
- Sandwich Bread – use a gluten free bread if you can’t eat wheat. I like to make my own bread, and they have some great artisan bread gluten free mixes out there too!
An Easy Egg Salad without Mayonnaise in 15 Minutes
This egg salad without mayo recipe is ready from start to finish in just about 15 minutes… a great quick weekday lunch, or a simple dinner to make on the go for busy weekends. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a deli!
How Do I Make Egg Salad with Ranch?
In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the sweet relish, onion powder, ranch dressing, celery, mustard. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve on gluten free sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and add lettuce or your favorite sandwich fixings. Mangia!
Meal Prep Ranch Egg Salad For the Win!
This vegetarian ranch egg salad is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy peasy.
More Creamy Vegetarian Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For This No Mayo Egg Salad Recipe
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this vegetarian and gluten free ranch egg sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Ranch Egg Salad Sandwich (No Mayo)
- 6 hardboiled eggs shells removed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing use gluten free/dairy free if needed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 8 slices bread use gluten free if needed
- Lettuce or other favorite sandwich toppings
- In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the sweet relish, onion powder, ranch dressing, celery, mustard. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve on gluten free sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap spread with a little extra ranch dressing, and add lettuce or your favorite sandwich fixings. Mangia!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!