This Mexican Tuna Salad recipe is a bright and fresh bowl loaded with vegetables and a lime vinaigrette dressing! Perfect as a lunch or light dinner, this healthy salad is loaded with canned tuna, roasted bell peppers, corn, red onion, and creamy avocado!
This high protein tuna salad recipe is a great meal that is low in carbs and will keep you full!
If you’re looking for a way to jazz up boring tuna salad, this Mexican-inspired take on classic tuna salad skips the mayo and adds major flavor from Mexican spices, veggies and lime juice. I’ve been trying to add more fish in my diet to get all the health benefits of Omega-3s, so I’ve been looking for new ways to enjoy tuna. I stocked up on canned tuna a while back, and have been trying new recipes like this salad, and also my tuna salad with Greek yogurt recipe which turned out delish!
The salad is super fresh and has a great tangy flavor from the citrus in the dressing. And if you have a few extra cans of tuna that need to be used up… doubling the recipe works just as well! See note below for saving some salad for later in the week for easy make-ahead meals. Please note: this is a Mexican-inspired dish, and not an authentic recipe.
This Mexican Tuna Salad Recipe Is
- Loaded with Good-for-you Ingredients
- Ready in 10 Minutes
- Requires ZERO Cooking!
- Gluten Free, High in Protein, and Low in Carbohydrates
Easy Pantry Recipes with Canned Tuna
This Mexican tuna salad recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses many staple ingredients kept in a dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you may already have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I always stock up on canned tuna when it’s on sale, so I can easily whip up a gorgeous healthful salad like this in no time.
I made a list of my Top 125 Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staples here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Tuna Taco Salad Recipe?
- Canned tuna – I used this delicious albacore tuna, which I always have a few packs of in the pantry!
- Corn – you can use fresh, canned, or frozen
- Really Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s inexpensive & I like to keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have fresh limes, this bottled lime juice is actually a fantastic substitute. I always keep some in the pantry – it’s great for sauces, dips, or even for cocktails!
- Red Onion
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, and Mexican oregano!
Low Carb High Protein Tuna Salad
This delicious and satisfying Mexican tuna salad recipe is great for those who are watching their carb intake. You can still have a healthy and filling lunch without the added starches. I love that the fresh lime dressing is so flavorful, too.
I love that this salad is loaded with traditional Mexican ingredients like roasted peppers, avocado, and cilantro. You can see all my low carb & keto recipes here!
How Do I Make This Tuna Salad with Avocado?
- Drain tuna. In a mixing bowl, add the tuna and the chili powder, cumin, and Mexican oregano. Mix well to combine.
- In a large bowl, add mixed greens, spiced tuna, roasted red pepper, corn, avocado red onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small mason jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together and shake well to combine
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and serve immediately!
More No Cook Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
Beet Feta Walnut Salad Recipe (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
Chopped Salad with Chickpeas Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
Beet and Apple Salad Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Vegan Spinach Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes Recipe
Old Fashioned Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar (Family Recipe!)
Get the Same Ingredients for This Vegetable Tuna Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this keto and gluten free Mexican tuna salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
Mexican Tuna Salad
For the Salad
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, add mixed greens, canned tuna (drained), roasted red pepper, corn, avocado red onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small mason jar, combine all the dressing ingredients together and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and serve immediately!
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Cleaning Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell non-toxic cleaning supplies, natural beauty products, and pantry staple groceries (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:17 High Protein Salad Recipes - Twigs Cafe
Love to try different salads and this one didn’t disappoint