This Apple Spinach Smoothie is a healthy & fresh breakfast drink – dairy free & high protein! Rise & shine with a tall glass of fruit, greens, and a few added ingredients to make this a filling breakfast or snack.
This smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen fruit, and is great if you have extra spinach you need to use. Pour yourself a tall glass of this beautifully green smoothie, and take a moment to unwind.
Smoothies are almost daily affairs on our homestead, and this apple spinach smoothie is a green classic we make again & again! I love a cold fruit smoothie in the summer to cool down – or a bright green smoothie in the winter as the beautiful color make me feel like I’m on vacation.
I added some vanilla protein powder to make this a heartier smoothie as well. This smoothie is giving all the green tropical vibes, and is loaded with good-for-you fruit, is high in fiber, and loaded with plant-based protein.
This Apple Spinach Smoothie Recipe Is:
- A Great No-Cook Breakfast or Snack
- High in Protein & Fiber
- Vegan, Dairy Free, & Made without Milk or Yogurt
Make Apple Spinach Smoothies Dairy Free for a Healthier Version
This dairy free Apple Spinach Smoothie is a fantastic take on the classic without all the dairy. I’m all about making recipes plant-based and dairy free when I can. Dairy-free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. You can achieve total richness and creaminess with some simple swaps.
By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In a Apple Smoothie with Banana?
Apples & Spinach – I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Regular Water, or Coconut Water – full of electrolytes and an amazing taste!
- Orange Juice
- Unsweetened Coconut – I use unsweetened coconut in my recipes to control the amount of sugar that goes in. You can always add more sweetness, but it’s hard to take out – start off with simple unsweetened coconut and add more sweetness later if you need to.
- Banana: add 1 banana or some of this great banana powder. We add a bit of this banana powder to smoothies, oatmeal, or baked goods –it’s great for a little extra sweetness without using granulated sugar.
- Ground Flaxseeds: I always add a scoop in my oatmeal for a little extra nutritional punch! This flaxseed meal has a wonderful nutty flavor too. Flaxseeds have a ton of amazing health benefits, so add a scoop to breakfasts, lunches, or smoothies!
- Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder – of all the protein powders in the world, this vanilla protein powder is one my absolute favorite! It’s simple, has just 4 ingredients, and tastes amazing with fruit smoothies. It’s not chalky and contains tons of plant protein to keep you going throughout the day!
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipes For the Win!
If you don’t have fresh fruit for this recipe – frozen works great! This is a fantastic way to transform fruit into a bright and healthy breakfast the whole family can enjoy. By using freezer ingredients, I can stock up when they are on sale, and use them in all kinds of great dishes. It saves me a trip to the store, and I can have amazing smoothies in no time. Check out all my recipes that use Freezer Ingredients on The Herbeevore – great for those nights when you want dinner ready fast! And check out my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples for long-lasting staples that I always keep on hand.
How Do I Make Apple Smoothie with Spinach?
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Starting on low speed and working up to high, blend for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth consistency.
Pour into your favorite glass or mason jar and enjoy!
More Healthy Fruit Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Tropical Pineapple Spinach Smoothie with Apple Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free spinach apple smoothie recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Apple Spinach Smoothie
- Vitamix or High Speed Blender
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Starting on low speed and working up to high, blend for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into your favorite glass or mason jar and enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Fruits & VeggiesI get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!