This Tuscan White Bean and Kale soup is perfect to meal prep! Sunday night is Meal Prep Night around our homestead, a perfect evening to have some soups simmering on the stove for easy weekday lunches. I usually make one huge pot of soup for me and my husband’s lunches… or sometimes, like I did with this recipe, I’ll have 2 different soups going at once.
I am an absolute bean lover! I could eat them every meal for a week and not get sick of them… but Brett doesn’t have the same bean obsession as I do. So this week I made him a split pea (using my recipe here!!) and I made this super healthy kale and white bean soup.
This recipe required a bit of veggie chopping’ prep (which I oddly I love doing because I find it relaxing) so that is where the bulk of the active prep time is going for this recipe.
Tuscan White Bean & Kale Soup: Vegan Meal Prep!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups vegetable stock no added sodium
- 1 tablespoon tamari or coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper flakes to taste omit if you like it less spicy
- 8 cups fresh kale chopped and stems removed
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until veggie begin to soften.
- Add the carrots and celery, and saute for 5 minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, beans, bay leaves, vegetable stock, and soy sauce (and crushed red pepper, if using!). Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the kale, stir to combine, and cook for an additional 15 minutes until kale has wilted and softened in the soup.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Optional Step - if you want a smoother soup, transfer a cup or two of the soup to a blender, and pulse on low for a few seconds. I used my immersion blender for a few whirrs, and I loved the consistency!