This oat milk rice pudding is a sweet and creamy dessert that is vegan, dairy free, and gluten free! A simple dessert you can make in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
This Oat Milk Rice Pudding Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free
- Ready in about 20 minutes in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Dessert Recipes
You can use homemade oat milk (just 2 ingredients: oats + water, follow my 5-minute recipe for homemade oat milk here!) or a store bought oat milk. Either works fine!
This oat milk rice pudding recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Rice Pudding With Oat Milk?
- Arborio Rice: classic risotto rice. It’s a thick short rice that soaks up a LOT of liquid, making the pudding super creamy without adding any dairy. Make sure you use classic arborio rice for this recipe – jasmine or basmati rice will work but not be as thick and creamy.
- Oat Milk: which you can make yourself with some water and old fashioned oats, steel cut oats, or rolled oats – NOT quick cooking ones. Old Fashtioned Oats are the perfect texture – I use Bob’s Red Mill variety because they are certified gluten free. You can also use store bought oat milk, but try to use unsweetened. If you use a sweet or vanilla flavored oat milk, then halve the amount of sugar in this dish to start. You can always add more sugar later.
- Granulated Sugar: I like this organic sugar for my recipes, it has a really nice flavor in this pudding, I’d recommend Anthony’s organic sugar for baking.
- Cinnamon: which gives this pudding a classic warm flavor! I stir a little in the pudding while it is cooking, and then sprinkle a bit for garnish on top.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give these cookies an #extra boost.
Easy 30 Minute Dessert Recipe from Scratch!
This oat milk rice pudding is what I call an Easy Weeknight Dessert – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a bakery!
How Do I Make Oat Milk Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot?
Other Healthy Oat Milk Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Gluten Free and Vegan Rice Pudding Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free oat milk rice pudding recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Oat Milk Rice Pudding (Vegan)
- To the inner pot of the Instant Pot add the rice, oat milk, water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are combined
- Seal lid, and cook on Manual or High Pressure Mode for 5 minutes, and cook.
- Once cooking time has finished, allow Instant Pot to naturally release for 8 minutes. Then manually release the remainder of the steam though the valve u til float valve has gone down.
- Carefully open lid and stir in the vanilla extract. Serve into individual ramekins and top each with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mangia!
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Cleaning Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell non-toxic cleaning supplies, natural beauty products, and pantry staple groceries (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!