This dill pickle egg salad sandwich is a vegetarian keto lunch recipe loaded with low carb egg salad, keto bread, and fresh sprouts. A meatless high protein sandwich that is creamy, delicious, and perfect anytime. A pickle lovers sandwich!
This Dill Pickle Salad Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Low in Carbohydrates: each full breakfast sandwich is less than 5 net carbs
- High in in Protein: 21g protein per sandwich
- High in Fiber: each sandwich has 13g of plant-based fiber
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Made with low carbohydrate Carbonaut bread
Vegetarian Keto Egg Salad Recipes for the WIN!
If you are on a ketogenic diet or choose to eat low carb, it can be difficult finding meatless meal ideas for lunch… or any time of day! This dill pickle egg salad sandwich with low carb bread is both plant-based and low in carbohydrates, making it a great and healthy choice for breakfast. Start your day off with a fresh and satisfying meal that will keep you full – without the carbs.
What’s In This Vegan Keto Dill Pickle Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe?
- Hard boiled eggs
- Keto Mayonnaise: I like to use this keto mayo to keep this recipe low carb. A lot of mayos can have hidden sugar, so make sure you are using a keto mayonnaise if you stick to a ketogenic diet.
- Low Carb Bread: OK, this bread is the closest thing to magic I’ve tasted in a while – high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, this seeded bread is the perfect addition to a healthy and plant based breakfast!
- Whole Grain or Dijon Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, you can use either whole grain mustard, stone ground, or dijon.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is great to add a little onion flavor to this dish… without actual onion. Avoid onion breath and use powder onion instead of fresh for this recipe.
- Sprouts: I love to load ’em on! I used alfalfa sprouts, which give this breakfast sandwich the perfect crunch. Plus, spouts are a healthy way to add nutrition into your breakfasts.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
A Vegetarian Keto Lunch Recipe in 10 Minutes
This egg salad with pickles recipe is ready from start to finish in just about 10 minutes… a great quick weekday lunch, or a simple dinner to make on the go for busy weekends. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a deli!
How Do I Make This Keto Vegan Breakfast Sandwich?
In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the pickles, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve on low carb sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load on the sprouts. Mangia!
Meal Prep Keto Egg Salad with Pickles For the Win!
This vegetarian keto pickle egg salad is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy peasy.
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For This Keto Pickle Egg Salad Recipe:
Everything Bagel Egg Salad Sandwich
- In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the pickles, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve on low carb sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load on the sprouts. Mangia!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!