Vegan black bean dip is a hearty high protein recipe to spice up your next game day! A delicious appetizer that is great with nacho chips, dipping vegetables in, or adding to tacos or burritos.
This Vegan Black Bean Dip Recipe Is:
- Loaded with flavor
- A Little Spicy
- Plant-Based and Gluten Free!
Easy Vegan Dip Recipes for Parties or Entertaining!
This black bean dip is what I call an Easy Weeknight Recipe – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked appetizer but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen prepping. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering delivery!
What’s In This Gluten Free & Vegan Bean Dip Recipe?
- Low Sodium Black Beans: Using a low or no salt bean is essential in this dish! These no salt added or low sodium beans have better flavor and control of the salt in your dip. If you use normal canned beans you run the risk of having the dip be way too salty.
- Salsa: This Green Mountain Gringo brand salsa is our absolute favorite… and I like that you can re-use the mason jars when you are done with the salsa to can other foods! It’s like a extra bonus.
- Chili Powder: for a really nice flavor in this dip – the chili powder isn’t spicy but will give you a rich and bright flavor.
- Cumin: also adds a really nice flavor to this dip – cumin has a lightly smokey flavor found in a lot of chili recipes.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
- Jalapenos: if you don’t have fresh jalapenos, these jarred sliced jalapenos are a fantastic addition to the dip! I use these in a pinch, they’re great to keep a jar or two in the pantry.
- Plant-Based Cheese – get one that melts, or a vegan queso that you can stir in.
- Cilantro, Roasted Red Pepper, and Olives to top!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Appetizer Recipes
This high protein black bean dip recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make This Vegan Black Bean Queso Dip Recipe?
- In a medium saucepan heat black beans, salsa, plant-based cheese, chili powder, or cumin over low heat. Cook for 7 or 8 minutes until cheese melty and begins to bubble.
- Place queso in a bowl and top with chopped roasted red pepper, jalapenos, and cilantro. Serve with chips, crudites, and enjoy!
More Vegetarian Crowd Pleaser Game Day Recipes You’ll Love!
Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites with Sweet Herb Mustard Dipping Sauce
Cold Peanut Noodle Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Recipe)
Everything Bagel Hummus Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Vegan Garlic Breadsticks Recipe (Copy Cat Recipe, Vegan)
Sourdough Garlic Naan Recipe (Vegan, Dairy Free, Egg Free)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan Black Bean Dip Appetizer Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free black bean dip recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get free recipe inspiration. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Black Bean Dip
- 2 14 ounce cans low sodium black beans drained
- 1 cup salsa of choice, I used a medium salsa
- 8 ounces vegan cheese get one that melts, or a vegan queso
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro
- In a medium saucepan heat black beans, salsa, plant-based cheese, chili powder, or cumin over low heat. Cook for 7 or 8 minutes until cheese melty and behind to bubble.
- Place queso in a bowl and top with chopped roasted red pepper, jalapenos, and cilantro. Serve with chips, crudites, and mangia!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:Roasted Baba Ganoush with Tahini Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Pingback:Pizza Baked Beans Recipe (Vegetarian, High Protein, Gluten Free)
Pingback:Oven-Baked Marinated Veggie Kabobs (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Party Recipe)