This dairy free Rice Krispie treats recipe has 4 ingredients, takes 15 minutes, and couldn’t be easier to make.
This has been to my go-to dessert for holiday parties, pot lucks, and gatherings! These Rice Krispie treats are amazingly soft and chewy and are loved by all. Seriously, who doesn’t love gooey homemade Rice Krispie Treats, especially when they are made without dairy.
These simple and delicious dairy free rice Krispie treats are an amazing dessert or just fun to make on a rainy day!
We had an abundance of marshmallows in our cabinet leftover from our last BBQ. With our new firepit built I got a little overzealous on stocking up with S’mores ingredients. And the best thing to do with leftover marshmallows is… Rice Krispie Treats!
This Easy-To-Make Dessert Is
- Soft & chewy
- Deliciously sweet
- easy to pull-apart
- A crowd pleaser!
- Are dairy free and can even be made vegan
Are Marshmallows Dairy Free?
For most brands, that’s a YES! Marshmallows are made of sugar, water, and gelatin which give them their light and airy texture. Make sure to double check all labels before you make yours if you are cooking these for someone with a dairy allergy/intolerance.
If there is one thing I have learned, its that there is no substitute for homemade Rice Krispies. Store bought ones just don’t cut it for this dessert – and luckily these couldn’t be easer to make without dairy.
What’s In These Non Dairy Rice Krispie Treats?
- Puffed Rice Cereal: I like the classic Rice Krispie cereal, which always is a favorite! I usually buy a family size or few large boxes so I can make a double batch of these.
- Dairy Free Butter: I like this variety of vegan and dairy free butter because it’s unsalted, so it’s perfect for these treats!
- Dairy Free Mini Marshmallows: I like these mini marshmallows which are dairy free. Use smaller marshmallows for this recipe, as the large ones take a while to melt.
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this recipe an #extra boost.
- Parchment Paper – I highly recommend lining your baking dish or pan with parchment paper before adding the treats. It makes mess-free clean up of the pan!
Crowd Pleaser Dairy Free Desserts for Parties
I made a few big batches for my work holiday party… and let me tell you, these went FAST. Once you learn how to make these treats right, there is nothing easier and quicker!
I had some many people asking me ‘What is your secret?’ The secret is to not pack the Rice Krispies too tightly in the pan! Gently press them down to form them, but don’t over smoosh. They way they turn out light, airy, gooey, and super perfect.
How Do I Make Rice Krispie Treats without Dairy?
- Line a large 9×9 glass baking dish with parchment paper, set aside. Also set aside about 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, these will be used later in the recipe.
- In a large pot, add the butter and the rest of the marshmallows on low heat. Stir for about 5 minutes until butter and marshmallows have completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract to the butter and marshmallows and stir well to combine. Add the rice cereal and the extra 1/2 cup of marshmallows to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour the rice cereal into the baking dish – and gently press the rice cereal down. Make sure to not pack down too hard, as the looser they are placed in the baking dish the softer they will be.
- Wait for 30 minutes to cool, then cut and serve.
More Dairy Free Desserts You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for These Dairy Free Rice Crispy Treats
As always, if you make this no dairy rice Krispie treats recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get free recipe inspiration. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Dairy Free Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 ounces dairy free butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows dairy free
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Line a large 9x9 glass baking dish with parchment paper, set aside. Also set aside about 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, these will be used later in the recipe.
- In a large pot, add the dairy free butter and the rest of the marshmallows on low heat. Stir for about 5 minutes until butter and marshmallows have completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract to the butter and marshmallows and stir well to combine.
- Add the rice cereal and the extra 1/2 cup of marshmallows to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour the rice cereal into the baking dish - and gently press the rice cereal down. Make sure to not pack down too hard, as the looser they are placed in teh baking dish the softer they will be.
- Wait for 30 minutes to cool, then cut and serve.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!