Fiesta forever with these quick & yummy vegan fajitas for an easy sheet pan dinner! Roasted peppers, onions, sweet potato, zucchini, and mushrooms are ready in 30 minutes, can be made ahead.
Happy Cinco De Mayo! We regularly #TacoTuesday on our homestead, but I thought I would switch it up and create some healthy veggie fajitas instead for something a little EXTRA.
I have been super obsessed with sheet pan meals lately – I love the concept of letting the oven do the work and having very little to clean up once dinner is done. These sheet pan fajitas make PERFECTLY roasted veggies that you can top with lime avocado crema, fresh chopped onions, or whatever you’d like.
This recipe is super easy, and you can make the crema while the veggies are roasting away. These fajitas are great on warm corn or flour tortillas, which is the way I ate them… but my husband ate his over a bowl of cilantro lime rice. Either way is delicious!
Sheet Pan Fajitas w/ Avocado Lime Crema (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, GF)
Ingredients - Fajitas
- 2 bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 portobello mushroom caps sliced
- 1 large sweet potato sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Ingredients - Avocado Lime Crema
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop all vegetables and arrange on the sheet pan on an even layer. Add the olive oil and rest of the spices, and toss vegetables to coat.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway. Vegetables are finished when they begin to crisp on the outside.
- Serve in a flour or corn tortilla, add fresh avocado/cilantro/lime and you’re good to go!
For the Avocado Crema
- Soak the cashews in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Add the cashews and water to a blender. Add the juiced lime and avocado, and blend for 2 minutes on high until creamy.