This healthy pumpkin hummus recipe is smoky and sweet, creamy and light. Great as a dip for pita or veggies, or as a flavorful spread for a sandwich, wrap, or toast. A great way to use leftover canned pumpkin and turn it into a delicious and healthy snack!
Simple Thanksgiving Hummus Recipes
This Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Hummus Recipe Is:
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Made without tahini
This pumpkin hummus recipe is great because you can use either canned chickeas, or cook them from scratch. I usually use my Instant Pot to make perfect chickpeas (no soaking required!) which are ready in 45 minutes. If you are using canned, make sure to get a “no salt added” variety to cut down on the sodium!
What’s In This Easy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe?
- Canned Pumpkin – I stock up on this canned pumpkin (its a big can!) or you can get smaller cans as well. Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix or else it will be too sweet.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: the staple of all hummuses! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to the hummus.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh only, for flavor. Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Appetizers
This creamy pumpkin hummus recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple appetizer! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make Pumpkin Hummus?
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency. Serve with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
Other Heathy Chickpea Recipes We Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For My Smokey Pumpkin Hummus Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan pumpkin hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Triple Olive Hummus Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup green olives with pimento pitted
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 14 ounce can Chickpeas use no salt added, and include the canning liquid
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juiced
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency.
- Top hummus with an extra drizzle of olive oil and chopped olives. Serve with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.