These quick and easy veggie packets are perfect for campfire cookin’ (and are just as great in the oven!) Make these the night before for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning!
These cowboy foil packets are full of flavor from potatoes, onions, peppers, and spices! They can be made the night before for an healthy easy breakfast in the morning.
The brunch game is STRONG on our homestead! There’s nothing better that a big mid-morning meal after sleeping in on the weekends- we usually have a big brunch with some freshly baked bread on Saturdays and Sundays.
These foil packets are a super easy way to get some veggies in first thing in the morning to give you a good base for the day. Our weekends are usually full of wood chopping/stacking, beekeeping, and working out on our land… so we like to have a nice big breakfast to get us through the day!
You can use any spices you want here, but I really love how Montreal Steak Spice tastes with the potatoes. You could also improvise with other veggies you have on hand: zucchini, asparagus, or spinach would also be awesome additions.
And foil packets are really great for easy cleanup – no pans, pots, or dishes there… just recycle the foil when you are done! Less cleaning on the weekends sounds like a great plan to me 🙂
As always, if you make this foil pack breakfasts be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Camping Breakfast Foil Packs (Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Whole30)
- 1 red or yellow onion sliced
- 2 yellow potatoes cubed small
- 1 sweet potato cubed small (can also use sweet potato)
- 1 bell pepper cup into strips
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Spice seasoning or seasoning of choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs optional, see NOTES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, steak spice, and olive oil. Toss well to combine and ensure the veggies get coated with the seasoning.
- Form 2 foil packets with heavy duty foil - and add the veggies. Seal closed. Cook for 30 minutes and carefully remove from stove and open foil packets.
- Test potatoes with the fork to see if they are tender- and if not, cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.