I have quite a few pasta salad recipes here, and this vegan pasta salad with mayo recipe is one of the best yet. It’s loaded with fresh veggies like carrots, cabbage, peas, and bell peppers, and has a creamy plant-based mayonnaise dressing.
Vegan pasta salad is so yummy served with anything coming off the grill. Its awesome with veggie burgers, hot dogs, fresh grilled corn, or any salad. This creamy pasta salad is loaded with tons of veggies in it, so it has a nice refreshing crunch in eat bite.
This Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Versatile: you can use any vegetables you have on hand, or swap in your favorites.
- Vegan, Dairy Free & Egg Free – and you can make this gluten free too!
What’s In This Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Bell Peppers
- Rotini Pasta: I used rotini, but any small or medium-shaped pasta works well in pasta salads. If you’re gluten free or cooking for someone who may be, this great GF rotini can be found here.
- Vegan Mayonnaise: I like to use this dairy free mayo to keep this recipe plant-based, but you can use whatever mayo that you would normally use in recipes. If you don’t normally like mayo, try my dairy free recipe... it’s creamy but still plant based.
- Sweet Relish – to give this dish a little extra sweetness. I love this classic sweet relish which has a nice crunch and a sweet and tangy flavor. It’s great in this salad (like a secret ingredient!) and also great to have on the table for burgers or hot dogs.
- Yellow Mustard – while I normally like cooking with whole grain or Dijon mustard, sometimes a good classic yellow mustard is exactly what you need! I love that this organic yellow mustard gives this recipe a wonderful tangy flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Italian Seasoning Blend: usually has thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, etc. I love this bright and flavorful Italian season mix which brings this amazing dish to life.
Make Creamy Pasta Salad Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan creamy pasta salad recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
How Do I Make Vegan Pasta Salad with Mayo?
Make Ahead Pasta Salad Option
This creamy vegan pasta salad is great to make ahead for a BBQ, party, or potluck. Make it the day before, cover and let it rest overnight, and it’s ready to go the following day! Like traditional pasta salad or coleslaw, this macaroni salad tastes better if made a day or two before.
- This recipe is vegan, dairy free, & egg free – and contains no meat in the pasta salad. It’s also made with an egg-free mayonnaise.
- To make gluten free, use gluten free noodles or any bottled ingredients (like relish, mayo, etc.), always ensure your ingredients are certified gluten free if you are cooking for someone with a gluten allergy.
- To make this refined sugar free make sure there is no added sugar in the relish you use.
More Classic Vegan Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love!
Simple Lemon Quinoa Salad Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free Side Dishes)
White Fence Farm Coleslaw: Copy Cat Recipe (Vegan, GF)
Vegan Tzatziki Pasta Salad (Gluten Free, Summer Side Dish)
Naan With Instant Yeast Recipe (Egg & Dairy Free, Vegan)
The BEST Creamy Cucumber Salad (Vegetarian, Old Family Recipe)
Get the Same Ingredients for this Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this easy vegan pasta salad with mayo recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Pasta Salad with Mayo
- 1 16 ounce box rotini noodles use gluten free if desired
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup peas I thawed frozen peas for this recipe
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 sweet onion finely diced
- 1.5 cups vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse in a colander under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked noodles, carrots, red cabbage, spinach, bell pepper, onion, vegan mayo, relish, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce. Save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:Vegan BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
Pingback:Vegan Gnocchi with Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe (Dairy Free)
This beautiful salad was a hit…or better yet a HOME RUN