This Turmeric Fried Rice Recipe Is:
- Perfectly Spiced
- Vegan and Vegetarian
Easy Weeknight Turmeric Rice Recipes in Under 30 Minutes
This lemon turmeric fried rice is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s In This Turmeric Lemon Fried Rice?
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a very discounted price, and purchase right from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love the seasonal variety. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
- Cooked Rice: any variety works, but I used jasmine for mine.
- Vegetable Oil – I like to use a very neutral light oil for this recipe – and this vegetable oil is a great and inexpensive ingredient to fry up the rice in.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Frozen Peas
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to this dish.
- Sriracha – for a little heat! We go through this sriracha like crazy, its great on soups, curries, and noodle bowls like these curry noodles.
- Turmeric – a staple in our spice cabinet! Aside from all the wonderful health benefits of turmeric (hello anti-inflammation!), the flavor is fantastic. I try to add a teaspoon of turmeric into soups, stews, and rice dishes too.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great bottled lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This organic lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails – and it tastes fresh, which is great to have around if you don’t use lemon juice everyday but still want to keep some around.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Save Leftover Rice for a No-Waste Recipe!
I’m all about saving, reusing, or repurposing as much as I can in my kitchen. This lemon fried rice with turmeric is the perfect recipe to repurpose something you may be tempted to throw out. Instead of tossing leftover rice in the compost or garbage, you can repurpose it into a delicious and flavorful meal. I’m all about saving anything I can from my kitchen, and this sauce is a great way to avoid letting leftovers go to waste!
How Do I Make Lemon Turmeric Fried Rice?
In a wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
Add peas, paprika, Sriracha and turmeric and cook for an additional minute, stirring the vegetables so they are coated in the spice.
Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir well so until rice becomes a warm yellow color. Add lemon juice, stir, and more oil if the rice still seems to dry. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
More Easy Recipes with Leftover Rice You’ll Love!
Chickpea Lemon Rice Soup Recipe
Vegetarian Leftover Fried Rice Recipe
Creamy Zucchini Rice Soup Recipe
Get the Same Ingredients for this Turmeric Rice:
As always, if you make this vegan yellow fried rice recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , &Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Turmeric Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus more if needed
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and saute for 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add peas, paprika, Sriracha and turmeric and cook for an additional minute, stirring the vegetables so they are coated in the spice.
- Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir well so until rice becomes a warm yellow color. Add lemon juice, stir, and more oil if the rice still seems to dry. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:The Staining Potential Of Turmeric – Caffe Baci
Great fried rice flavor. Cheaper than carry out and more nutritious