This is our go-to recipe to bring to a holiday party! Whether for Thanksgiving, Easter, or 4th of July, these carrots are a major crowd-pleaser hit. Creamy and delicious, these baked carrots are an easy way to sneak vegetables onto a packed holiday plate.
We brought these carrots to a friend’s house for a holiday potluck, and we didn’t have ANY leftover to bring home! We should have doubled or tripled the batch. These creamy baked carrots are absolutely delicious, sweet and savory, and are so good you won’t believe you are eating veggies!
These Creamy Baked Carrots are:
- Vegetarian (with a easy vegan option)
- Can easily be made gluten free
- Great for make-ahead holiday prep!
Comfort Food Holiday Side Dish Recipes for the WIN!
This Dutch Oven Beef Bourguignon is the tastiest, coziest dinner meal. It’s perfect for a hearty meal for the family, and also great to make for company if you are having guests for dinner. It makes a great holiday meal as well. The oven does most of the work, so you can enjoy hands-off time while you prep appetizers or a salad!
What’s In These Creamy Baked Carrots?
- Carrots – I got these carrots from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
- Classic Mayonnaise: I like to use this classic mayo to keep this recipe plant-based, but you can use whatever mayo that you would normally use in recipes. If you don’t normally like mayo, try my homemade dairy-free version… it’s creamy but still plant based.
- Garlic Cloves
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder pairs nicely with the garlic flavor.
- Herbes de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Ritz/Butter Crackers – I like to keep it traditional with these classic Ritz butter crackers for the perfect crumbly topping for these carrots! If you’re looking for a gluten free cracker to use, these are a great GF alternative.
- Salt and Pepper
- Steamer Basket Insert – I steamed my carrots with one of these handy pot inserts… if you don’t have one, I’d highly recommend! We use ours all the time to steam fresh vegetables all year long, and they’re inexpensive too!
Make Baked Carrots Vegetarian for a Healthier Holiday Side Dish
This vegetarian garlic baked carrots recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies on your plate. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegetarian cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegetarian pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegetarian recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless meals for your table.
How Do I Make These Creamy Baked Carrots?
Set oven to 375 Fahrenheit
Steam the carrots: Bring about 3 cups of water to a boil, add a steam insert, and steam the carrots for 6-7 minutes or until softened. You can also pressure cook them for 2 minutes, and quick release the pressure.
Reserve 1 cup of the carrot cooking liquid, and drain the rest.
Transfer carrots to a large 13×9 baking dish.
Mix the mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs de Provance, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid to thin. Pour over carrots.
In that same bowl, then Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs. Spread evenly over the top of the carrots.Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- To Make These Vegan, replace the mayonnaise with a vegan option, use plant-based butter, and use a vegan cracker to top.
- To make these Gluten-Free make sure you use a gluten free cracker for the crumble topping (or skip it all together).
Healthy Vegetarian Holiday Side Dishes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for These Creamy Baked Carrots Recipe:
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my garden and from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
As always, if you make this healthy meatless holiday carrots recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Creamy Garlic Carrots
- A Pot
- A Steamer Basket Insert
- A 13x9 Baking Dish
- 3 lbs carrots sliced diagonally into coins
- 2 cups water save 1 cup of carrot cooking liquid
- 1 cup mayonnaise use plant-based if vegan
- 4 cloves garlic minced/pressed
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Ritz or Butter Crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Steam the carrots: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add a steam insert, and steam the carrots for 6-7 minutes or until softened. You can also pressure cook them for 2 minutes, and quick release the pressure.
- Reserve 1 cup of the carrot cooking liquid, and drain the rest.
- Transfer carrots to a large 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix the mayo, minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid to thin (if you need the sauce thinner, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time until desired consistency is reached). Pour over carrots.
- In that same bowl, combine melted butter and crushed cracker crumbs. Spread evenly over the top of the carrots.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling at the edges. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!