Spicy pickled green beans are the perfect recipe for your garden green bean bounty. Bright and crunchy, these beans are great as a snack… or the perfect addition to your Bloody Mary or Caesar cocktail!
These Spicy Pickled Green Beans Are:
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free
- Great to eat on their own, or add to a cocktail
- A perfect way to use extra garden beans
What’s In These Pickled Beans?
- Green Beans, the fresher the better! Get ’em straight from the garden for the best crunch and flavor.
- White Vinegar: gives the beans a crisp and bright flavor! You can use a fancy vinegar if you want, but I find this white vinegar makes for the perfect pickled bean.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Dried Chili Peppers: I really liked these dried arbol chilis, so I added a few to each jar. They had the perfect amount of spice in the pickle!
- Mustard Seed:the perfect touch to add to the pickle brine. I keep this small bag of mustard seeds in my pantry for anything I pickle – they add a really nice flavor.
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars: I love using wide mouth pickling jars… especially as they are perfect to grab a big forkfull of beans. We have a whole cupbard of these jars which make great food storage containers, meal prep soup cups, and even XXL cocktail glasses!
How To Steralize Jars
How Do I Make These Spicy Pickled Beans?
Other Summer Garden Produce Recipes We Love
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Spicy Refrigerator Pickled Green Beans Recipe:
As always, if you make these spicy pickled green beans be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Refrigerator Spicy Pickled Green Beans Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- In a pot, heat the vinegar, water, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Sterilize jars and lids, I used quart-sized canning jars (this recipe makes 2 quarts)
- To each jar, add 2 cloves garlic, 2 dried chili peppers, and 1/2 tablespoon mustard seed.
- Divide green beans into each jar, and fill remainder of the space with vinegar liquid. Seal with lids and bands. After an hour, make sure the jars have a proper seal and don't pop back up when you press down on the lids.
- Allow the jars to cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge to cool. These beans should keep for up to 2 weeks, so make sure to eat them before then.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!