A hummus recipe that is easy, no soak, oil free, AND healthy? Yes, please! This no soak Instant Pot hummus is easy and delicious, and uses the cooking water from the chickpeas (aquafaba) to thicken the hummus without oil. No tahini required, so easy, and you have easy homemade hummus ready in about an hour.
This Instant Pot Hummus Is:
- Inexpensive – its about $2 to make 2 quarts of this hummus! Much cheaper than store bought, and tastier too!
- No Soak
- Made without tahini
- Vegan and naturally gluten-free
- Protein Packed
- Loaded with Flavor
What’s In This Hummus?
- Dried Chickpeas, no soaking required! Or you can use canned chickpeas too… just make sure to rinse them before blending.
- Water – don’t discard the cooking water, it’s used to thicken the hummus.
- Fresh Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Salt – you can use regular salt or garlic salt!
This is a great pantry staple recipe! It’s made mostly with ingredients from your cupboard, so a quick and healthy snack can be ready anytime!
If you have tahini or oil, you can definitely add it, but I wanted to make a delicious version without the 2. Its really hit or miss if I have tahini, so this hummus recipe can be made easily without it.
How Do I Make Oil Free Hummus Without Tahini?
- Add the chickpeas and water to the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Set to Manual, or High Pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the chickpeas to naturally release. Do not discard water after cooking.
- Add the chickpeas and 6 cups of the cooking water to a blender, and blend on high speed for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and salt. Blend for an additional 2 minutes on high speed until all the flavors meld together. If you need more water, add as you blend.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Other Chickpea Recipes We Love!
As always, if you make this Instant Pot Hummus be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Hummus Without Tahini or Oil (Vegan, GF)
- Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- 1 dried lb chickpeas
- 8 cups water for cooking, and some for the hummus
- 1 head garlic or 8 to 10 large cloves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon cumin or coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add dried chickpeas and water to the instant pot, cook on High or Manual mode for 45 minutes, and allow the chickpeas to naturally release. Save the cooking water for later, do not discard.
- In a blender, add the cooked chickpeas and 2 cups of the cooking water (aquafaba) to start, garlic, cumin, and garlic salt. Blend until smooth, adding an additional 1/2 cup of chickpea water at a time if the hummus is too thick.