This coconut flour banana bread makes a super healthy and filling breakfast! Filled with chocolate chips, spices, and nuts, this bread is ready in no time and can be made ahead and frozen for a quick breakfast on the go.
This banana bread is the perfect way to use up your over-ripe bananas! We always seem to have tons of super ripe bananas around the house – one minute they are green and the next they have gone way past yellow 🙂
My mom never cooked all that much when I was growing up, but she loved making banana bread! I remember having it a lot as a kid and getting super excited waiting for it in the oven. She always added walnuts and chocolate chips, so to me no banana bread is complete without them! I should really ask her for her recipe of it as well!
I wanted to make a healthier version, and used coconut flour as the base because we got a giant Costco-sized bag of it that I need to use up. This can be used with flax egg or regular egg, so just a preference for what you would like.
Easy Coconut Flour Banana Bread (Gluten Free, Vegan Option)
- 5 ripe bananas about 2 cups mashed
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 5 egg or flax egg 1 tbsp flax + 1 tbsp water, mixed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Ferenheit, and line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash together bananas until they become smooth, and add the rest of the ingredients (including the chocolate chips and walnuts if you are usinand mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until the middle begins to firm. Test middle to ensure it is cooked through before removing from oven. Cool completely before eating.