This sheet pan vegan home fries recipe features roasted sweet potatoes, peppers, onions, and spices. Cooked on a sheet pan, this breakfast or brinner (breakfast for dinner) is easy to prep, cook, and even easier to enjoy!
This easy sheet pan breakfast recipe is vegan, gluten free, whole30, and paleo approved! Serve along side a sourdough breakfast sandwich, some whole grain toast, and enjoy with a Bahama Mama smoothie.
OK so we cannot get enough of sheet pan meals! I love hands-off cooking, especially first thing in the morning. Sheet pan breakfasts are the perfect way to start the day.
A lot of breakfasts require a lot of mixing, prepping, and many ingredients – but this sheet pan bake is easy to prep, easy to cook, and even easier to eat. This vegan and gluten free home fries are a fantastic brunch side dish, or lazy weekend breakfast. Chop the veggies, roast in the oven, and enjoy!
This Vegan Home Fries Recipe Is:
- Slightly Sweet
What In These Home Fries with Sweet Potatoes?
- Sweet Potatoes
- White or Red Potatoes
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Montreal Steak Spice: Our favorite spice blend, probably the one we use most in our home! Montreal Steak Spice is a blend of garlic, pepper, salt, oregano, crushed pepper flakes, and a little dill for an amazing flavor. With a half-Canadian household, you better believe we put this spice on everything!
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! I like to add a few shakes to this recipe to give this dish a nice complex depth of flavor.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
You can also prep the veggies the night before and store in an airtight container in the fridge. That way there is no slicing and dicing in the morning, just add all the ingredients to a pan, toss with oil and spices, and roast.
Clean up is a total breeze – just discard the parchment paper, and you’re done! That’s my kind of breakfast!
Sheet Pan Brunch Recipes For the Win!
This vegetarian whole30 home fries recipes is the perfect sheet pan brunch! I love a good sheet pan meal, anytime of year. Cooking on a sheet pan is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked on a single pan, which makes cleaning up a breeze. And the oven does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep/entertaining while the food cooks. Sheet pan meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy sheet pan meals that are ready in no time!
How Do I Make These Gluten Free Home Fries?
- Preheat the oven, and over a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Toss all ingredients except the eggs together and add to the parchment paper. Roast for 30 minutes
- Carefully remove sheet pan from the oven, and make 4 small nests in the vegetables. Crack eggs directly into the nests.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, remove from oven, and enjoy!
What Do I Serve with Home Fries?
- 5 Minute Chimichurri Sauce is a fantastic and flavorful topper
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- Olive Oil Skillet Bread
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Oat Milk
- Mango Spinach Smoothie Recipe (Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegan)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Sheet Pan Breakfast Home Fries Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan root vegetable home fries recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Home Fries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients directly to the pan, and toss to coat so the oil and spices are on the veggies.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, flipping the vegetables half way.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and sprinkle the parsley on top, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toast and top with all natural ketchup or chimichurri sauce! Enjoy 🙂
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!