This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri sauce is loaded with flavor from fresh herbs, spices, lime juice, and garlic. Great on tacos, burritos, or rice & beans! The possibilities are endless with this bright, refreshing, and low sodium sauce.
Kick you next Taco Tuesday up a notch with this fantastic cilantro lime chimichurri sauce! If you are looking for an easy way to add some flavor to those boring tacos or burritos, look no further. This sauce packs some serious flavor, that will leave you wanting to fiesta forever.
This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Sauce Recipe Is:
- A little spicy
- Vegan, Gluten free, Low Sodium
- Great on anything: rice & beans, enchiladas, tamales, queso, you name it!
And I love how vibrant the sauce is – in color and in flavor! The sharpness from the lime juice and vinegar is wonderful with the silky texture from the olive oil. And the flavors of the parsley and cilantro can wake up any dull food that needs a bit of extra flavor.
What’s In This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Recipe?
- Fresh Cilantro: for an amazingly fresh flavor and texture
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed!
- Garlic: whole cloves of garlic are blended in this sauce for maximum flavor!
- White Vinegar: for a little extra kick
- Oregano: for an earthy flavor
- Red Chili Flakes: for heat, but totally optional if you don’t like spicy sauce
Because of the versatile flavors, you can serve this sauce on anything! The cilantro lime flavor pairs well with anymost any Soutwest or Mexican dish! It’s also amazing on top of roasted potatoes, on grilled vegetables, or baked/roasted protein.
How Do I Make This Lime and Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce?
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix on high for 1 minute, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Spoon directly onto tacos, potatoes, roasted vegetables, or any other vehicle you can think of to get this amazing chimichurri into your mouth.
Transfer any leftover chimichurri to an airtight container and use within 2 days.
Other Healthy Flavorful Cilantro Recipes You’ll Love!
As always, if you make this cilantro lime chimichurri sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 bunches cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water optional if sauce is too thick
- Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic cloves, and parsley. Add to a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients: Olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute until a thick sauce forms. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if the sauce is too thick or if the blender seizes up.
- Once blended, top sauce on tacos, burritos, rice, etc.