This Snap Pea Fried Rice Recipe Is:
- Perfectly Spiced
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and Vegetarian
Easy Snap Pea Dinner Recipes in 30 Minutes
This sugar snap pea fried rice is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s In This Snap Pea Fried Rice Recipe?
- Snap Peas – We got ours fresh from the garden. Store bought or frozen snap peas are also great substitutes for fresh.
- Cooked Rice: any variety works, but I used jasmine for mine.
- Vegetable Oil – I like to use a very neutral light oil for this recipe – and this vegetable oil is a great and inexpensive ingredient to fry up the rice in.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Frozen Peas
- Light Sesame Oil: The sesame oil gives the nice sweet flavor to this rice. Light sesame oil is traditional in a lot of asian dishes, and will give your rice a nutty flavor.
- Sriracha – for a little heat! We go through this sriracha like crazy, its great on soups, curries, and noodle bowls like these curry noodles.
- Turmeric – a staple in our spice cabinet! Aside from all the wonderful health benefits of turmeric (hello anti-inflammation!), the flavor is fantastic. I try to add a teaspoon of turmeric into soups, stews, and rice dishes too.
- Rice vinegar: I love this sweet & tangy rice vinegar, I always keep this seasoned vinegar stocked in my pantry for dressings and salads. Not all rice vinegars are gluten free, so check yours before using if you avoid wheat.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Save Leftover Rice for a No-Waste Recipe!
I’m all about saving, reusing, or repurposing as much as I can in my kitchen. This sugar pea fried rice with turmeric is the perfect recipe to repurpose something you may be tempted to throw out. Instead of tossing leftover rice in the compost or garbage, you can repurpose it into a delicious and flavorful meal. I’m all about saving anything I can from my kitchen, and this sauce is a great way to avoid letting leftovers go to waste!
How Do I Make Fried Rice with Sugar Snap Peas?
In a wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, snap peas, and bell pepper and saute for 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
Add sesame oil, Sriracha, and turmeric and cook for an additional minute, stirring the vegetables so they are coated in the spice.
Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir well so until rice becomes a warm yellow color. Add rice vinegar, stir, and add more oil if the rice still seems to dry. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
Gluten Free Fried Rice Recipes for the WIN!
This gluten free fried rice with snap peas recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
Other Recipes with Leftover Rice You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Vegetarian Snap Pea Rice:
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a very discounted price, and purchase right from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love the seasonal variety. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free sugar snap pea fried rice recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Snap Pea Fried Rice
- In a wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, snap peas, and bell pepper and saute for 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add sesame oil, Sriracha, and turmeric and cook for an additional minute, stirring the vegetables so they are coated in the spice.
- Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir well so until rice becomes a warm yellow color. Add rice vinegar, stir, and add more oil if the rice still seems to dry. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!