This Lemon Caper Vinaigrette Recipe Is:
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Vinaigrette Recipes
This vinaigrette with capers recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple dressing! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Caper Lemon Vinaigrette?
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great bottled lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Capers – give this dish an extraordinary flavor, brightness, and sophistication!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Dijon Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, this dijon is a favorite in our pantry… I’d stay clear from yellow prepared mustard for this recipe.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup which is ridiculously inexpensive online!
- Salt and pepper to taste
Easy Weeknight Salad Dressings
This lemon caper dressing is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
How Do I Make This Lemon Caper Salad Dressing?
Enjoy This Lemon Caper Vinaigrette on these Recipes:
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in My Lemon Caper Sauce Vinaigrette Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free lemon caper dressing recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or other natural sweetener
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- To a mason jar, add the olive oil, lemon juice, capers, mustard, and agave nectar. Seal with an airtight lid and shake well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour dressing over a mixed green salad, pasta salad, or roasted root vegetables. Enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!
Pingback:Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing Recipe (Gluten Free)