Pesto Risotto is an easy & healthy weeknight meal in the Instant Pot! Loaded with fresh vegetables, homemade pesto, and arborio rice its is perfect to meal prep.
This green herby pesto would make a perfect St. Patrick’s Day side dish!
This recipe is a true weeknight wonder! I couldn’t even believe that you could make a proper risotto in the instant pot, but it the consistency turns out PERFECT. No lie!
I am a huge fan of Easy Weeknight Meals, and therefore, also a huge fan of my Instant Pot. I love making quick, healthy, simple dishes in under an hour, and this risotto is perfect.
Traditional risottos are a true labor of love, and I only used to make them on special occasions when I had a ton of time to cook and stir and stir and stir. But with the below recipe, this no-stir risotto is a game changer for us! Its also low sodium with the addition of the pesto. You get bright bold herby flavors without the salt!
Another thing I used to love was adding tons of parmesan cheese to my risotto – but this salt-free pesto is the perfect substitute! The fresh herbs give it a ton of flavor, the garlic brings heat, and the walnuts add a wonderful rich consistency. Its the cherry on top (or the pesto on top) of this recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan pesto risotto be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Risotto with Pesto (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Sodium)
For the Risotto
- Set the instant pot to Sauté mode. Add the olive oil, garlic, and onions and sauté on low for 6-8 minutes until the vegetables become translucent.
- Add the rice and continue to sauté for 2-3 additional minutes until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, vegetable stock, and Herbes des Provance to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook for 7 minutes. Once it has cooked, allow the pressure to release manually for 15 minutes. After then, do a quick release of the rest of the steam.
- While the risotto is cooking, add all the pesto ingredients to a blender: basil, parsley, walnuts, garlic, and olive oil. Blend to a smooth consistency, adding more olive oil if desired.
- To serve, scoop risotto into a bowl, and add a dollop of pesto on top. Stir the pesto into the risotto and enjoy!