This high protein lasagna soup is totally plant-based but is loaded with healthy and satisfying ingredients. Made with fresh vegetables, lasagna noodles, and some pantry staple proteins this lasagna soup is a creamy and comforting dish for lunch or dinner.
We abolutely LOVE lasagna soup! It’s hearlthy, hearty, and way easier than making a full layered lasagna. This vegan and gluten free lasagna soup is made with good-for-you ingredients and is like a hug in a bowl. This is one plant-based comfort food that is great for meal prepping for the week. Serve with a side salad and a slice of crusty sourdough garlic bread for a full meal.
This High Protein Lasagna Soup Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Made with plant-based proteins
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
Made This Healthy Soup with Pantry Staple Ingredients!
This vegan and gluten free protein lasagna soup recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Vegan High Protein Lasagna Soup Recipe?
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans.
- Italian Seasoning Blend: usually has thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, etc. I love this bright and flavorful Italian season mix which brings this amazing dish to life.
- Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock or Bouillon: I love this Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base for my recipes because it has a great flavor and is lower in sodium. I only develop my recipes with low sodium ingredients so the ingredients shine. You can always add salt to a recipe if it needs it, but it’s almost impossible to take it out! Start with a low sodium broth or bouillon, and add more salt later if needed.
- TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein): I love stocking my pantry with TVP! TVP is made from soy protein and has the exact same texture as ground beef… making it really versatile to use in place of real meat. We use TVP in soups and stews, for taco filling, and in lasagnas. TVP is a great pantry-staple protein, and it lasts a long time. We always keep a few bags of this stuff on hand.
- Tofu – I have been LOVING these shelf-stable tofu packs from Amazon. I literally have 3 cases of them in my pantry as we speak. They are an inexpensive and healthy way to get some plant protein in. The texture of this extra firm tofu is perfect for this turmeric tofu salad, no pressing required!
- Lasagna Noodles, use gluten free if you avoid wheat
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, which I’d definitely recommend over lite coconut milk. The flavor makes this dish super rich and creamy without any dairy.
- Frozen Peas
- Fresh Basil
Meal Prep Dairy Free Lasanga Soup!
You can easily meal prep this gluten free high protein lasagna soup recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
- This recipe is vegan and vegetarian, and does not contain meat – it’s also dairy free!
- This recipe can be gluten free if you use gluten free lasagna noodles. Also make sure to double check any spices or spice blends you are using, just in case there is gluten in any of the ingredients.
- This recipe is high protein and is made with textured vegetable protein and tofu to keep you full!
Other High Protein Vegan Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Gluten Free Vegan Tofu Lasagna Soup Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and vegetarian lasagna recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
High Protein Lasagna Soup Recipe (Vegan, GF)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 28 ounce can No-Salt-Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 12-ounce package silken tofu mashed with a fork
- 1 cup peas
- 1 12 ounce package lasagna noodles gluten free and crushed into bite sized pieces
- 1 16 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk unsweetened
- Fresh Basil
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 5-6 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the carrots and Italian seasoning, and sauté for a few minutes more.
- Add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, meatless ground meat, tofu, and peas and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and add the lasagna noodles. Cook to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Once the soup as simmered for 20 minutes, add the baby spinach, coconut milk, and fresh basil. Stir to combine. Taste for a seasoning check and add salt or pepper as needed.
- If eating immediately, scoop the desired about of noodles into a bowl, and ladle the soup on top of it in a dish. If batch cooking for later- remove the pot from heat, and allow to cool on the stove top. Once the soup has cooled then add the lasagna noodles to the dish.
This recipe can be gluten free if you use gluten free lasagna noodles. Also make sure to double check any spices or spice blends you are using, just in case there is gluten in any of the ingredients.
This recipe is high protein and is made with textured vegetable protein and tofu to keep you full!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!