This Keto Deviled Egg Salad Is
- A modern version of classic deviled eggs
- Keto and low carb
What’s In this Deviled Egg Salad?
- Hardboiled eggs: if you need the perfect recipe for easy peel, no mess hardboiled eggs check out my recipe here, I swear by this method!
- Celery: finely chopped to give you salad a nice crunch. Celery is something I always include in my regular egg salad, and gives the salad a nice refreshing bite
- Onion: also finely chopped. If you don’t like raw onion, then you can skip this ingredient and double up on the celery. I didn’t eat onions for years (a dark period in my life) but now I fully embrace them in every form
- Classic Mayonnaise: I like to use this classic mayo for a delicious and creamy flavor. If you don’t normally like mayo, try my homemade dairy-free version… it’s creamy but still plant based.
- Yellow Mustard – while I normally like cooking with whole grain or Dijon mustard, sometimes a good classic yellow mustard is exactly what you need! I love that this organic yellow mustard gives this recipe a wonderful tangy flavor.
- Relish: you can use sweet relish or a dill version (check sugar content if you are keto!)
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to this dish.
I’ll call this recipe another one of my Midwestern Fusion classics: its a combination of Deviled Eggs and Normal Egg Salad. My last attempt at Midwestern Fusion was my delish Coleslaw Pasta Salad which combines 2 of my summer favorites into one dish.
How Do I Make This Low Carb Deviled Egg Salad?
In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs and veggies.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with paprika. Serve as a sandwich or lettuce wrap, enjoy!
This is super easy lunch to meal prep for the week. You can cook a big batch of this on Sunday night, mix and store in an airtight container, and enjoy throughout the week. This egg salad is great on a big lettuce wrap, or served just as a normal sandwich filling. Its also great to eat as a cracker dip, so dip away!
Make Deviled Egg Salad Vegetarian for a Healthy Version
This vegetarian deviled egg salad is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegetarian cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right.
By building meals around vegetarian pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegetarian recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless meals for your table.
Recipes That Use Up Eggs
This recipe is also a great way to use eggs that are close to expiration: just hard-boil them and prep them into this salad. Hardboiled eggs are one of my favorite go-to breakfasts, and if I have extra they always get turned into egg salad. I love the retro flavors in this deviled egg salad, such a fun update to a classic dish!
Low Carb Deviled Egg Salad
This delicious and satisfying deviled egg salad recipe is great for those who are watching their carb intake. You can still have a healthy and filling lunch without the added starches. I love that the dressing is so flavorful, too – and loaded with traditional Asian ingredients like rice vinegar and sesame oil. You can see all my low carb & keto recipes here!
This recipe is vegetarian, but if you wanted to make it vegan you can easily swap out the eggs for crumbled tofu (Tofu ‘Egg’ Salad is one of my favorite recipes, its actually delish!!)
And this is also keto and low carb, just make sure you check the sugar content of the relish you use in the dish. If you can’t find a sugar free relish, then chopped dill pickles are a great substitute.
This deviled egg salad is also dairy free, just make sure the mayo you are using doesn’t have any dairy in there.
More Keto Vegetarian Recipes We Love:
Scallion Scrambled Eggs (Keto, Paleo, Whole30, Vegetarian)
Cheese-y Eggplant Bake (Keto, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
Easy Egg Roll Soup (Vegan, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free)
Keto Sheet Pan Eggs (Paleo, Whole30, Vegetarian, Low Carb)
Get the Same Ingredients for this Keto Deviled Egg Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this vegetarian and gluten free deviled egg salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
Keto Deviled Egg Salad
- 6 hardboiled eggs shells removed and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sweet onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon relish you can use dill or sugar free sweet relish for keto
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs and veggies.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired
- Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Serve as a sandwich or lettuce wrap, enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:Rice Noodle Pasta Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
Pingback:Sweet Deli Macaroni Salad Recipe (Vegetarian, GF, Vegan Option)
This egg salad is to die for. Love that it tastes great and that it has protein to fill me up👌