This vegan avocado chickpea salad is a delicious lunch packed with plant-protein and healthy fats! Great for meal prep or make ahead lunches.
Here is a quick and easy lunch, that is ready in under 10 minutes, is healthy and delicious, and will keep you full until lunch! This vegan avocado chickpea salad is packed with canned beans, veggies, and of course, avocado for a rich and velvety texture. You can eat it on a sandwich, with a lettuce wrap, or a tortilla for a pinwheel-style snack! Or it would be great to eat is a dip for fresh garden veggies!
This Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad Is:
- Pantry staple friendly
- Easy to Meal Prep or Make Ahead
- Vegan & Gluten free, naturally
This recipe uses cooked chickpeas – you can definitely used canned chickpeas, just make sure to drain and rinse the first. I have a foolproof way of cooking No-soak dried chickpeas in the Instant Pot, which is my go-to way to cook beans. For about $1 you have a whole week’s worth of plant protein for lunch.
Whats In This Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad?
- Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans: call ’em what you like, these lil beans are a great pantry staple (I always keep dried and cooked on hand!) and offer some excellent plant protein.
- Avocado: For a healthy fat, that is also creamy and all natural!
- Mustard: Use prepared yellow mustard or whole ground, whatever strikes your fancy.
- Relish: This is the secret ingredient for a little sweetness and acidity. Use any version you want, sweetened or unsweetened.
- Roasted Red Peppers: these guys come in cute little jars so I always have a few hanging out in my pantry. They are fairly inexpensive so I like to stock up and throw them in sandwiches or wraps for some color.
- Veggies: while these aren’t exactly pantry staple ingredients, you can totally skip these if you don’t have them on hand. Celery keeps for a long time, so I always have a bunch in the fridge – you can substitute an onion for the celery. And use dried parsley if you don’t have fresh.
How Do I Make This Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad?
In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Add mayo, mustard, relish, red pepper, celery, dill, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly until combined.
Taste and add salt/pepper if desired. Serve on a sandwich, lettuce wrap, or as a dip!
As always if you make this chickpea avocado salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad (Pantry Staple, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Non Dairy)
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Add the avocado, mustard, relish, red pepper, celery, dill, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Taste and add salt/pepper if desired. Serve on a sandwich, lettuce wrap, or as a dip!